It’s an exciting time to be at Infoblox. Named a Top 25 Cyber Security Company by The Software Report and one of Inc. magazine’s Best Workplaces for 2020, Infoblox is the leader in cloud-first networking and security services. Our solutions empower organizations to take full advantage of the cloud to deliver network experiences that are inherently simple, scalable, and reliable for everyone. Infoblox customers are among the largest enterprises in the world and include 70% of the Fortune 500, and our success depends on bright, energetic, talented people who share a passion for building the next generation of networking technologies—and having fun along the way.
We are looking for a NOC Engineer to join our Support/NOC team in Trivandrum. In this role, you will work closely with cross-functional teams, including Technical Support, Cloud Operations, and DevOps to monitor and report platform and application issues. You will be the technical point of contact and mentor the rest of the team. Previous hands-on experience in all functional areas will be crucial to success in this role.
You’re the ideal candidate if you are a collaborative strategic thinker who operates independently, works across teams, and is deadline and results-driven.
What you’ll do:
- Monitor and support cloud-based network infrastructures
- Analyze and provide inputs to the engineering team from monitoring tools like SysDig, New Relic, and Thousand Eyes
- Act as an incident specialist during any major/critical service-impacting events
- Identify opportunities to modify and add content for training and onboarding while helping bring new NOC agents onto the team
- Make sanity checks, post-SaaS upgrades, and report any issues to Engineering
- Handle customer calls for false positive/cyber intelligence-related customer issues
- Diagnose server or network alerts, events, or incidents
- Write clear and concise customer and interdepartmental communications
- Act as the first responder to all alerts and problem reports while managing communications between departments, handling crisis documentation, and disseminating it after the issue is resolved
- Be on call from time to time since Infoblox is a 24x7x365 organization—shifts and work on holidays may be required
What you’ll bring
- 1+ years of experience in monitoring/support role with knowledge of cloud-native SaaS products
- Experience resolving client requests in a timely manner using strong troubleshooting skills
- Dependability and strong teamwork and communication
- Solid knowledge of TCP/IP and networking protocols
- Good understanding of DNS and DHCP protocols
- Excellent time management, organizational, customer service, and verbal and written communication skills
- Understanding of one or more operating systems (Microsoft/Linux) is desirable
- Working knowledge of L2, L3 devices
- Knowledge of tools like Thousandeyes, NewRelic, and Sysdig and scripting skills are all a plus
- Bachelor’s degree or relevant experience is required
What success looks like:
After the first six months, you will…
- Understand the current Infoblox SaaS infrastructure (cloud-native) and NOC monitors
- Be aware of the monitoring tools and significance of each monitor
- Be comfortable following the incident management process
- Start leading incidents based on what you’ve learned and the processes that are in place
After about a year, you will…
- Lead efforts to identify automation opportunities
- Independently work on BloxOne cases
- Be able to independently engage with Infoblox Engineering and other application SaaS teams for Incident Management
- Contribute to creating technical content/KB articles
- Provide guidance and consultation for junior/new engineers
We’ve got you covered:
Our holistic benefits package includes coverage of your health, wealth, and wellness—as well as a great work environment, employee programs, and company culture. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, including a 401k with company match and generous paid time off to help you balance your life. We have a strong culture and live our values every day—we believe in transparency, curiosity, respect, and above all, having fun while delighting our customers.
We’ve created a culture that embraces diversity, equity, and inclusion and rewards innovation, curiosity, and creativity. We achieve remarkable results by working together in a supportive environment that focuses on continuous learning and embraces change. So, whether you’re a software engineer, marketing manager, customer care pro, or product specialist, you belong here, where you will have the opportunity to grow and develop your career. Check out what it’s like to be a Bloxer. We think you’ll be excited to join our team.