Senior Security Analyst
Infoblox is seeking a Senior Security Analyst to join our IT team in Tacoma, WA. In this role you will be responsible for operating the company’s information security systems ensuring that all procedures are followed and helping to develop and define procedural improvements. This position provides guidance and support for the systems used to secure company information assets. The Senior Security Analyst reports to the Senior Manager of Security Operations, located in our Tacoma, WA office.
In this high visibility role, the successful candidate will design, implement and maintain best in class computer and information security systems and controls. Additionally, they will effectively monitor networks to detect any suspicious or hostile activities and take measures to defend against malicious attacks on the systems. They will also help identify risks from new vendors or products and the existing infrastructure, conduct security audits, identify & coordinate internal security measures, and may liaise to external parties on IT security-related inquiries.
- Respond to issues assigned to the security team through a ticketing system while maintaining SLAs
- Implement and manage the policies, procedures, training, and systems required to maintain overall security objectives
- Effectively document policies and procedures in the use of security tools for the training of entry to intermediate level technical resources
- Monitor system tools and alerts watching for vulnerabilities, including user access, application configuration, operating system, and external web integrity while providing reports as needed
- Perform periodic system audits of security systems remediating any gaps found in the expected performance of the systems
- Maintain and enforce our security posture in daily activities
- Maintain the health of security systems and agents
- Manage and operate security solutions (SIEM, SOAR, IPS, AV, NG Firewalls, Web Proxy, etc)
- Analyze security breaches to determine their root cause
- Recommend and install appropriate tools and countermeasures
- Define, implement and maintain corporate security policies
- Coordinate security plans with outside vendors
- Experience in security incident detection and response
- Proven experience as lead in security incident analysis and response
- Experience in security content development / data science
- Experience with, and strong knowledge of, AWS, Linux, Docker, ELK and other modern systems engineering tools, technology and best practices
- Strong understanding of security topics such as access control, systems hardening, threat modeling, encryption, vulnerability management, digital forensics and incident response
- A strong bias towards automation and innovative thinking
- Minimum of 6 years of corporate experience in Information Security
- Excellent report writing and communication skills
- Excellent analytical skills
- Proven ability to work well independently or with a team
- Experience with vulnerability and risk assessment as well as security assessments of network infrastructure, hosts, and applications
- Ability to troubleshooting complex technical issues and recognize the root cause of a problem
- Familiar with common security technologies including SIEM, DLP, AV, VPN, Firewalls, etc.
- Familiar with security frameworks such as NIST or ISO27001
- Familiar with Cloud computing and controls
- Experience with Windows, UNIX and Linux operating systems
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related information technology discipline
It’s an exciting time to be at Infoblox. We are the market leader in technology for network control. Our success depends on bright, energetic, talented people who share a passion for excellence in building the next generation of networking technologies—and having fun along the way. Infoblox offers a fast-paced, action-oriented environment. We promote a culture that embraces innovation, change, teamwork, and strong partnerships. Join the winning Infoblox team—our future looks bright, and so will yours. To check out what it’s like to be a Bloxer click here.