Corporate Security Architect
It’s an exciting time to be at Infoblox. Named a Top 25 Cyber Security Company by The Software Report and one of Inc. magazine’s Best Workplaces for 2020, Infoblox is the leader in cloud-first networking and security services. Our solutions empower organizations to take full advantage of the cloud to deliver network experiences that are inherently simple, scalable, and reliable for everyone. Infoblox customers are among the largest enterprises in the world and include 70% of the Fortune 500, and our success depends on bright, energetic, talented people who share a passion for building the next generation of networking technologies—and having fun along the way.
We are looking for a Corporate Security Architect to join our Cyber Security team reporting to the senior director of Cyber Security. In this role, you will work alongside other architects and teams to design secure solutions using on-prem and cloud infrastructure, review and apply industry best practices for security, mature and promote secure development methodology, and influence security policy and strategy across all of Infoblox. This is an exceptional opportunity to join a strong, growing, successful, and innovative organization. Infoblox allows you to thrive in a unique work environment where the emphasis is on career growth, excellence, innovation, and collaboration. This role can be based in one of our US offices or remote from home.
You’re the ideal candidate if you understand industry best practices for enterprise security and are able to apply them to architecture specifications—for both security solutions as well as all other enterprise solutions. You’re comfortable providing policy and procedure interpretation and clarification, technical information, and security guidance to managers, project leads, and development teams.
What you’ll do:
- Provide in-depth security expertise as the Infoblox domain architect in the corporate security space that will influence company policy and strategy
- Develop reference security architectures and frameworks, including requirements, design patterns, and other artifacts
- Participate in corporate security incident response activities and assist with identifying and driving the resolution
- Partner with teams throughout the company to drive security into architecture and design
- Drive security through globally standardized automation with CI/CD processes
- Maintain and improve the existing corporate security strategy and monitoring
- Evaluate and recommend new and emerging techniques and technologies
- Author and maintain documentation for corporate security architecture and roadmap
- Represent Corporate Information Security in Architecture team meetings
- Participate in internal planning and release functions (I2O Process)
What you’ll bring:
- 10+ years of experience and background in designing and implementing corporate security functions
- Experience with Amazon Web Services, specifically EC2, IAM, KMS, EMR, S3, VPC, Lambda
- Expert knowledge of DNS, DHCP, and IPAM technologies
- Ability to translate security requirements implementation into formal written procedures
- Strong knowledge of OSI Layer 7 Model, network architecture, and network topology
- Experience in infrastructure as a service (IaaS) and platform as a service (PaaS) computing models
- Experience with both virtual and containerized computing environments
- Experience in communicating security risks in business terms that can be clearly understood at all levels of the organization
- MS or BS in computer science or related field, or equivalent work experience required
What success looks like:
After six months, you will…
- Be integrated with the Infoblox Architecture team and review existing architectural artifacts
- Come up to speed on our internal project management methodologies and architectural review processes
- Have met with internal stakeholders and contribute to in-flight programs
- Have started updating enterprise technology roadmaps, standards, and plans
After about a year, you will…
- Continue to drive security left through proactive engagement throughout the enterprise
- Drive and document security standards, advise the business IT, and project teams
- Proactively espouse thought leadership and contribute security expertise, advice, and requirements toward other teams and initiatives
- Monitor and evaluate new technologies and architectures for use within Infoblox, and update relevant roadmaps and plans
We’ve got you covered:
Our holistic benefits package includes coverage of your health, wealth, and wellness—as well as a great work environment, employee programs, and company culture. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, including a 401k with company match and generous paid time off to help you balance your life. We have a strong culture and live our values every day—we believe in transparency, curiosity, respect, and above all, having fun while delighting our customers.
Speaking of a great work environment, here are just a few of the perks you may enjoy, depending on your location…
We’ve created a culture that embraces diversity, equity, and inclusion and rewards innovation, curiosity, and creativity. We achieve remarkable results by working together in a supportive environment that focuses on continuous learning and embraces change. So, whether you’re a software engineer, marketing manager, customer care pro, or product specialist, you belong here, where you will have the opportunity to grow and develop your career. Check out what it’s like to be a Bloxer. We think you’ll be excited to join our team.