Software Engineer II
It’s an exciting time to be at Infoblox. Named a Top 25 Cyber Security Company by The Software Report and one of Inc. magazine’s Best Workplaces for 2020, Infoblox is the leader in cloud-first networking and security services. Our solutions empower organizations to take full advantage of the cloud to deliver network experiences that are inherently simple, scalable, and reliable for everyone. Infoblox customers are among the largest enterprises in the world and include 70% of the Fortune 500, and our success depends on bright, energetic, talented people who share a passion for building the next generation of networking technologies—and having fun along the way.
We are looking for a Software Engineer II to join our SaaS Engineering team in Bangalore, reporting to a senior manager of Engineering. In this role, you will be a part of the team that develops the customer-facing UI, which acts as a single pane of glass for our SaaS customers. You will be a part of Infoblox’s SaaS migration journey, adding new features and enhancements and working closely with the backend services running on a highly scalable cloud native platform. You will also get an opportunity to have end-to-end visibility of the feature from the requirement stage to deployment.
You are the ideal candidate if you are a highly motivated team player who is results-oriented and can operate independently.
What you’ll do:
- Collaborate with the UX and UI teams to develop new user-facing features for Infoblox’s Cloud UI
- Work closely with the UI architect to achieve the UI roadmap
- Design and implement reusable components for the application framework
- Contribute to the UI test suite by developing unit tests for all new functionality
- Drive key aspects of product definition, execution, and testing through the Agile/Scrum development methodology
- Provide technical leadership and mentoring for junior UI engineers
What you’ll bring:
- 5+ years of experience in UI development
- Hands-on experience with UI integration with RESTful Web Services
- Experience in Agile methodologies
- Deep understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git and bug tracking tools, including Jira
- Basic knowledge of Kubernetes and Docker containerization is a plus
- A four-year degree in CS, CE, EE, or equivalent is required
- Master’s in CS, CE, or EE is preferred
What success looks like:
After six months, you will…
- Learn the micro front-end architecture followed at Infoblox
- Learn more about the existing UI components and functionalities
- Work with the UI and UX teams to analyze the assigned stories
- Be part of the team delivering UI features to the customers in production
After about a year, you will…
- Work with the UX team to enhance the customer experience through the Infoblox single pane of glass
- Enhance and improve the Infoblox SaaS UI based on the roadmap defined by the UI architect, PM, and UX teams
- Be responsible for delivering quality stories on time
- Collaborate with the QA and backend API teams to define expectations and strive to achieve them
- Contribute in identifying Engineering improvements
We’ve got you covered:
Our holistic benefits package includes coverage of your health, wealth, and wellness—as well as a great work environment, employee programs, and company culture. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, including a 401k with company match and generous paid time off to help you balance your life. We have a strong culture and live our values every day—we believe in transparency, curiosity, respect, and above all, having fun while delighting our customers.
Speaking of a great work environment, here are just a few of the perks you may enjoy, depending on your location…
- Onsite massages, clubs, farmers market, and fitness classes
- Delicious and healthy snacks and beverages
- Electric vehicle charging stations
- Outdoor amenities, seating, and courtyard BBQ
- Dog park and pet-friendly programs
- Newly remodeled offices with state-of-the-art amenities
We’ve created a culture that embraces diversity, equity, and inclusion and rewards innovation, curiosity, and creativity. We achieve remarkable results by working together in a supportive environment that focuses on continuous learning and embraces change. So, whether you’re a software engineer, marketing manager, customer care pro, or product specialist, you belong here, where you will have the opportunity to grow and develop your career. Check out what it’s like to be a Bloxer. We think you’ll be excited to join our team.