Staff Data Engineer
It’s an exciting time to be at Infoblox. Named a Top 25 Cyber Security Company by The Software Report and one of Inc. magazine’s Best Workplaces for 2020, we are leading the way to next-level DDI with our Secure Cloud-Managed Network Services, bringing next-level security, reliability, and automation to cloud and hybrid systems—all managed through a single pane of glass. Our success depends on bright, energetic, talented people who share a passion for building the next generation of networking technologies—and having fun along the way.
We are looking for a Staff Data Engineer to join our SaaS Next Generation Platform team in Burnaby (BC), reporting to Manager, Software Engineering. In this role, you will be responsible for developing, maintaining, evaluating, and testing big data technologies. Our organization is extremely data-driven, where technical innovations happen, and you will have an opportunity to use cutting edge technology across all stages of the development lifecycle and be part of our exciting and innovative initiatives.
You’re the ideal candidate if you are a great collaborator, strategic thinker, driven to collaborate across teams, operate independently, deadline and results-driven.
What you’ll do:
- Design, develop and maintain features and iteratively deploy services using Infoblox’s cloud-based architecture
- Design and implement components of our Next Generation Platform
- Recommend ways to improve data reliability, efficiency, and quality
- Expand and grow data platform capabilities to solve new data problems and challenges
- Build large-scale data processing systems using cloud computing technologies
- Build high-performance algorithms, prototypes, and proof of concepts
- Apply complex big data concepts with a focus on collecting, parsing, managing, and analyzing large sets of data to turn information into insights
- Work closely with various cross-functional product teams
- Stay current on key trends, especially in technologies and frameworks like Mesos/Marathon, Kubernetes, Docker, etc.
What you’ll bring:
- 8+ years experience (2+ in Big Data Engineering)
- Proficient in Java, Scala, Golang, or Python
- Good understanding of Microservices architecture
- Expertise in BigData - MapReduce, HIVE, HBase, Spark Streaming, Apache Flink, Storm, Kafka, In-memory Database, JMS
- Experience with NoSQL databases such as Cassandra/DynamoDB
- Good exposure in application performance tuning, memory management, scalability
- Ability to design highly scalable distributed systems using different open source technologies
- Experience building high-performance algorithms
- Bachelor’s degree in CS, CE or EE is required and Masters in CS, CE, or EE is preferred
What success looks like:
- After six months, you will…
- Learn about Infoblox’s big data pipeline
- Develop expertise in Golang/microservices
- Learn how to use our application platform
- Develop expertise in developing microservices and hosting them on our platform
- After about a year, you will…
- Make a significant contribution towards Infoblox’s big data pipeline
- Make significant contributions towards design and development
- Leading projects and representing them in bigger forums (with architects and other groups)
- Know the end-to-end product
We’ve got you covered:
Our holistic benefits package includes coverage of your health, wealth, and wellness—as well as a great work environment, employee programs, and company culture. We offer competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, and vision coverage, and an Employee and Family Assistance Program to support the wellbeing of our employees and their families. We have a strong culture and live our values every day—we believe in transparency, curiosity, respect, and above all, having fun while delighting our customers.
Speaking of a great work environment, here are just a few of the perks you may enjoy…
- Boutique office space with state-of-the-art amenities, located in the heart of Metro Vancouver area; bike-friendly and steps from SkyTrain and Metrotown Mall
- Onsite parking paid for by the company
- Generous company contribution towards RRSP (Independent of employee contribution!)
- Onsite massages, gym membership, fitness classes, ping-pong table, dartboard, and a nap room/wellness room for moms
- Stay fueled with healthy snacks, free bean-to-cup gourmet coffee options and selections of exotic teas, juices and refreshing beverages, and biweekly Thirsty Thursday local craft beers, BC wines, and BC ciders
- Enjoy our generous PTO policy and flexible work environment because we know the importance of having a great work-life balance— sometimes your best work is done in slippers
- We are passionate about lifelong learning and growth, and offer opportunities through a world-class learning platform (Litmos), training, workshops, mentorship, and an annual up to $5,000 Career Development reimbursement benefit
- Our teams spend time together outside of work, too — we have several annual team outings, have gone on hikes and Grouse Grind, hosted family BBQs, Go Karting, boat cruises, etc.
- Be confident bringing your whole self to work — we’re proud to be an inclusive company with diverse teams and our values grounded in ethics and equality
We’ve created a culture that embraces diversity, equity, and inclusion and rewards innovation, curiosity, and creativity. We achieve remarkable results by working together in a supportive environment that focuses on continuous learning and embraces change. So, whether you’re a software engineer, marketing manager, customer care pro, or product specialist, you belong here, where you will have the opportunity to grow and develop your career. Check out what it’s like to be a Bloxer. We think you’ll be excited to join our team.