Corporate SSO Architect
It’s an exciting time to be at Infoblox. Named a Top 25 Cyber Security Company by The Software Report and one of Inc. magazine’s Best Workplaces for 2020, Infoblox is the leader in cloud-first networking and security services. Our solutions empower organizations to take full advantage of the cloud to deliver network experiences that are inherently simple, scalable, and reliable for everyone. Infoblox customers are among the largest enterprises in the world and include 70% of the Fortune 500, and our success depends on bright, energetic, talented people who share a passion for building the next generation of networking technologies and having fun along the way.
Infoblox is seeking a Corporate SSO Architect with specific Okta experience to join our IT team in Santa Clara, CA, or Tacoma, WA, reporting to the director of IT Infrastructure, Platforms and Architecture based in Santa Clara, CA. In this highly detailed position, you will play a vital role in the expansion of SSO capabilities for Infoblox’s customer and internal clients. On the corporate side, we are leveraging SSO as part of our Zero Trust access strategy, allowing our employees to access all our applications without the need for a corporate network. For customers and partners, we are providing an SSO solution to tie all Infoblox’s products and support web portals together.
You are the ideal candidate if you’ve written Okta identity architecture documents (not just diagrams) and have designed both customer-facing (with self-registration) and internal Okta (sourced from Workday/Oracle HR) identity ecosystems and are experienced with Active Directory-to-Okta design.
What you’ll do:
- Develop architectural solutions for corporate and customer-facing Okta SSO infrastructure
- Coordinate the design of solutions incorporating identity and access management protocols and technologies, such as OAuth, OpenID Connect, SAM, and third-party IdP federation
- Develop automated Okta-to-application onboarding and terminations integration, using Okta Integrated Lifecycle Management and SCIM
- Perform application design activities, including writing technical architecture, high-level design, and detailed design documents
- Create, review, and maintain department documentation to ensure it reflects current policies and procedures
- Guide users in building business cases, performing impact analysis, and supporting application testing, implementation, and training activities throughout the process
- Communicate technical content to project stakeholders
- Perform escalated troubleshooting as required and be the primary technical owner of mission-critical automation systems
- Lead problem-solving efforts often involving outside vendors and other support personnel and/or organizations
What you’ll bring:
- 5+ years of experience as an IT architect
- 3+ years managing corporate Okta instances
- 2+ years managing customer-facing (CIAM) Okta instances with third-party IdP federation
- 2+ years of experience in SSO application development, using Okta REST API’s for SCIM account creation
- Bachelor’s degree in CS, CE, EE, or equivalent
- 1+ year working on corporate SaaS-based HR systems (Workday preferred) integrating with corporate SSO system
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to tailor the approach based upon audience and message
- Conscientious attitude, dependability, and strong team player
What success looks like:
After six months, you will…
- Design and document a customer-facing self-registration capability to augment our SFDC sourced customer identity
After about a year, you will…
- Design and document how to master identity in Okta that is used by O365 for authentication rather than Active Directory
We’ve got you covered:
Our holistic benefits package includes coverage of your health, wealth, and wellness—as well as a great work environment, employee programs, and company culture. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, including a 401k with company match and generous paid time off to help you balance your life. We have a strong culture and live our values every day—we believe in transparency, curiosity, respect, and above all, having fun while delighting our customers.
Speaking of a great work environment, here are just a few of the perks you may enjoy, depending on your location…
- Onsite massages, clubs, farmers market, and fitness classes
- Delicious and healthy snacks and beverages
- Electric vehicle charging stations
- Outdoor amenities, seating, and courtyard BBQ
- Dog park and pet-friendly programs
- Newly remodeled offices with state-of-the-art amenities
We’ve created a culture that embraces diversity, equity, and inclusion and rewards innovation, curiosity, and creativity. We achieve remarkable results by working together in a supportive environment that focuses on continuous learning and embraces change. So, whether you’re a software engineer, marketing manager, customer care pro, or product specialist, you belong here, where you will have the opportunity to grow and develop your career. Check out what it’s like to be a Bloxer. We think you’ll be excited to join our team.