Major Account Manager - Japan
It’s an exciting time to be at Infoblox. Named a Top 25 Cyber Security Company by The Software Report and one of Inc. magazine’s Best Workplaces for 2020, Infoblox is the leader in cloud-first networking and security services. Our solutions empower organizations to take full advantage of the cloud to deliver network experiences that are inherently simple, scalable, and reliable for everyone. Infoblox customers are among the largest enterprises in the world and include 70% of the Fortune 500, and our success depends on bright, energetic, talented people who share a passion for building the next generation of networking technologies and having fun along the way.
We are looking for a dedicated and driven Major Account Manager to join our Japan sales team in Tokyo, reporting to the Country Manager. In this role, you will help to grow our market share in the vertical space by driving new logos, building a robust pipeline of opportunities, managing accounts, and cross-selling and upselling with existing customers. You will build strong customer relationships and partner with internal partners and teams.
You are the ideal candidate if you have stellar communication skills, are excited to partner with all levels of the business, and are an enthusiastic, success-driven individual with a hunger for unlimited earning potential.
What you’ll do:
- Direct and drive sales growth across high-touch accounts
- Lead key account sales, constantly build sales pipeline and cultivate new business opportunities
- Develop strategic account plans focused on maintaining/growing accounts
- Gather detailed understanding of customer business and organizational landscape
- Prepare and present accurate forecasts, tracking, and sales plans
- Collaborate with presales, channel, and engineering teams to identify and address customer’s business needs, challenges, and technical requirements
- Leverage external partners to drive solution development in new areas/prospects
- Coordinate with business development team to strategize lead and sales opportunity qualification
- Maintain sufficient activity levels to achieve sales target (quota) and build appropriate pipelines to achieve quarterly sales targets for the following two quarters
What you’ll bring:
- 8 to 10 years of experience in enterprise technology sales or working in a similar role
- Proven track record in hunting and selling IT solutions
- English speaking at a business level and Japanese is a must
- Strong experience with target account selling, solution selling, and consultative sales techniques
- Strong presentation skills and confidence in presenting to C-level and technical stakeholders
- Strong operational and forecasting skills
- Ability to work reciprocally internally and with partners within the Sales and across functions, including Marketing, Sales Operations, Systems Engineering, and Product Development
- Good understanding of business-critical applications, networking, security, and cloud solutions
- Business acumen, results-oriented, and capable of building a strong business pipeline, accurately and closing deals
- Comfortable working in a start-up environment, where everyone must have a “roll up your sleeves” and get it done attitude
What success looks like:
After six months, you will…
- Confidently communicate Infoblox technology offering and our value proposition
- Build new quality pipelines, ramping up, and executing activities driving towards deal closures
- Develop go-to-market (GTM) strategies and account business plans for key and named accounts
- Maintain good sales operational hygiene - forecast accuracy, discipline, and know your accounts/business
After about a year, you will…
- Achieve Japan's revenue plan and team objectives
- Further refine GTM and long-term pipeline growth, improving competency across our key offerings (B1DDI, TD, etc.)
- Consistently meet or exceed quarterly results
- Expand your customer portfolio across key strategic verticals
We’ve got you covered:
Our holistic benefits package includes coverage of your health, wealth, and wellness—as well as a great work environment, employee programs, and company culture. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, including a 401k with company match and generous paid time off to help you balance your life. We have a strong culture and live our values every day—we believe in transparency, curiosity, respect, and above all, having fun while delighting our customers.
We’ve created a culture that embraces diversity, equity, and inclusion and rewards innovation, curiosity, and creativity. We achieve remarkable results by working together in a supportive environment that focuses on continuous learning and embraces change. So, whether you’re a software engineer, marketing manager, customer care pro, or product specialist, you belong here, where you will have the opportunity to grow and develop your career. Check out what it’s like to be a Bloxer. We think you’ll be excited to join our team.