Staff Data Engineer
It’s an exciting time to be at Infoblox. Named a Top 25 Cyber Security Company by The Software Report and one of Inc. magazine’s Best Workplaces for 2020, we are leading the way to next-level DDI with our Secure Cloud-Managed Network Services, bringing next-level security, reliability, and automation to cloud and hybrid systems—all managed through a single pane of glass. Our success depends on bright, energetic, talented people who share a passion for building the next generation of networking technologies—and having fun along the way.
We are looking for a Staff Big Data Engineer to join our SaaS Next Generation Platform team in Tacoma, WA, or Austin, TX, reporting to the senior manager of Software Engineering. In this role, you will be responsible for developing, maintaining, evaluating, and testing big data technologies. Our organization is extremely data-driven, and technical innovations happen here. When you join us, you will have an opportunity to use cutting-edge technology across all stages of the development lifecycle and be part of our exciting and innovative initiatives.
You’re the ideal candidate if you are a great collaborator, strategic thinker, driven to collaborate across teams, operate independently, and are deadline- and results-driven.
What you’ll do:
- Design, develop, and maintain features and iteratively deploy services using Infoblox’s cloud-based architecture
- Design and implement components of our Next Generation Platform
- Recommend ways to improve data reliability, efficiency, and quality
- Expand and grow data platform capabilities to solve new data problems and challenges
- Build large-scale data processing systems using cloud computing technologies
- Build high-performance algorithms, prototypes, and proofs of concept
- Apply complex big data concepts with a focus on collecting, parsing, managing, and analyzing large sets of data to turn information into insights
- Work closely with various cross-functional product teams
- Stay current on key trends, especially in technologies and frameworks like Mesos/Marathon, Kubernetes, Docker, etc.
What you’ll bring:
- 8+ years of experience (2+ in Big Data Engineering)
- Proficient in Golang, Python, Scala, or Java
- Good understanding of microservices architecture
- Expertise in Big Data—MapReduce, HIVE, HBase, Spark Streaming, Apache Flink, Storm, Kafka, In-memory Database, JMS
- Experience with NoSQL databases such as Cassandra/DynamoDB
- Good exposure in application performance tuning, memory management, scalability
- Ability to design highly scalable distributed systems using different open-source technologies
- Experience building high-performance algorithms
- Bachelor’s degree in CS, CE, or EE is required and master’s in CS, CE, or EE is preferred
What success looks like:
- After six months, you will…
- Learn about Infoblox’s big data pipeline
- Develop expertise in Golang/microservices
- Learn how to use our application platform
- Develop expertise in developing microservices and hosting them on our platform
- After about a year, you will…
- Make a significant contribution toward Infoblox’s big data pipeline
- Make significant contributions toward design and development
- Be leading projects and representing them in bigger forums (with architects and other groups)
- Know the end-to-end product
We’ve got you covered:
Our holistic benefits package includes coverage of your health, wealth, and wellness—as well as a great work environment, employee programs, and company culture. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, including a 401k with a company match and generous paid time off to help you balance your life. We have a strong culture and live our values every day—we believe in transparency, curiosity, respect, and above all, having fun while delighting our customers.
Speaking of a great work environment, here are just a few of the perks you may enjoy, depending on your location…
- Onsite massages, clubs, farmers market, and fitness classes
- Delicious and healthy snacks and beverages
- Electric vehicle charging stations
- Outdoor amenities, seating, and courtyard BBQ
- Dog park and pet-friendly programs
- Newly remodeled offices with state-of-the-art amenities
We’ve created a culture that embraces diversity, equity, and inclusion and rewards innovation, curiosity, and creativity. We achieve remarkable results by working together in a supportive environment that focuses on continuous learning and embraces change. So, whether you’re a software engineer, marketing manager, customer care pro, or product specialist, you belong here, where you will have the opportunity to grow and develop your career. Check out what it’s like to be a Bloxer. We think you’ll be excited to join our team.