Director of Channels - APJ
It’s an exciting time to be at Infoblox. Named a Top 25 Cyber Security Company by The Software Report and one of Inc. magazine’s Best Workplaces for 2020, Infoblox is the leader in cloud-first networking and security services. Our solutions empower organizations to take full advantage of the cloud to deliver network experiences that are inherently simple, scalable, and reliable for everyone. Infoblox customers are among the largest enterprises in the world and include 70% of the Fortune 500, and our success depends on bright, energetic, talented people who share a passion for building the next generation of networking technologies—and having fun along the way.
We are looking for a Head of Channel Sales, Asia Pacific & Japan (APJ) to join our team in Singapore, reporting to the Global Vice President of Channels. In this leadership role, you will have the opportunity to mobilize Partnerships, Partner leverage, and Partner Sales while nurturing those relationships. You will be able to make your mark while playing an instrumental role in driving the overall growth and revenue of the company in this important region.
You and your team will collaborate closely with the regional Sales organization to drive increased Partner Sales and pipeline contribution and support the overall APJ go-to-market model. It will be critical that you operationalize the Channel Sales function with appropriate joint business planning for each Channel Partner, including metrics and measurement, enablement programs, marketing, and communications, and other key elements of managing a growing Channel business across APJ.
You’re the ideal candidate if you have comfort with strategy and design, paired with tactical execution and delivery. You are a relentless relationship builder, inside and outside the company, who understands how to frame opportunities from the perspective of mutual/multiple wins and drive value creation.
What you’ll do:
- Lead a team of Channel account managers to drive sales growth through our Partner community
- Develops and executes a strategic plan for driving overall sales revenue through new and existing distribution, direct and indirect VARs
- Align with geo and Partner executives to ensure tight alignment of Partner strategy with overall APJ sales and global Partner strategy
- Cultivate executive relationships and relevance with top Partners in APJ
- Ensures proper coverage, capacity, and capabilities of Partners throughout the region; assess needs of geo and develop Partner plans to drive new customer acquisition and drive accelerated growth
- Drive channel Partners to support aggressive revenue growth goals. Continually reviews the channel eco-system to ensure the required levels of Channel capability and quality are being developed and maintained
- Develop and drive Partner programs and budget in alignment with growth and revenue objectives across multiple dimensions, including awareness, education, lead generation, programs, Channel readiness, and enablement
- Provides strong leadership by fostering solid relationships with both the sales teams. Successfully aligns the Channel Sales organization to reflect changes in the market and to allow the sales organization to be more effective
- Align with regional and global Partner executives to ensure tight alignment of Partner strategy with overall APJ Sales and Global Partner Strategy
- Monitors and assesses performance against plan regularly to identify successes that can be leveraged and provides appropriate measurements to assess the overall value of Channel initiatives
- Provides guidance and leadership on key Partner identification, business planning process, and segmentation process
- Champion best practices for Channel program expansion, with regards to investment programs, MDF, deal registration, value-based competencies, incentive programs, and promotional campaigns
- Implement metrics to demonstrate ROI against the Partner program budget and track the success of all Channel-facing programs
- Work closely with Finance, Sales Operations, and Sales Management to complete Partner notifications, manage exceptions, and update all systems with discount changes
What you’ll bring:
- Proven track record of success and experience managing
- Partners/Channels and Channel management at a senior level
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in Channel Sales experience in Enterprise Security or Network Management, including at least five years of Channel Sales leadership experience
- A proven track record of leading Channel / Partner Sales teams and developing programs tied back to Channel development and revenue growth. Successful history of program delivery supported by metrics and ROI results
- High achiever with a proven track record of executing change management and Channel strategy
- Strong collaboration skills to influence strategy across Infoblox and Partner community
- Proven track record of meeting and exceeding quarterly targets as well as accurately forecasting account and volume activities
- Knowledge of Infoblox’s indirect Channels: distribution, direct VARs, indirect VARs, strategic alliance
- Experience leading and developing high-performing geographically dispersed teams through rapid growth and in high-change environments
- Strong interpersonal skills with the proven ability to build and maintain productive relationships with Channel Partners, executive management, and other internal and external stakeholders
What success looks like:
After six months, you will…
- Be aligned on commercial objectives and priorities with regional leadership and field sales teams
- Be cultivating effective relationships with key Partners
- Have developed and started communicated and executing your plans to optimize and drive the performance of Channels across APJ
After about a year, you will…
- Develop new logo opportunities and deliver on sales revenue commitments and profitability objectives
- Refine and tailor Partner models and programs across key strategic verticals
- Manage a cohesive, high-performing, ROI-driven team
We’ve got you covered:
Our holistic benefits package includes coverage of your health, wealth, and wellness—as well as a great work environment, employee programs, and company culture. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, and generous paid time off to help you balance your life. We have a strong culture and live our values every day—we believe in transparency, curiosity, respect, and above all, having fun while delighting our customers.
We’ve created a culture that embraces diversity, equity, and inclusion and rewards innovation, curiosity, and creativity. We achieve remarkable results by working together in a supportive environment that focuses on continuous learning and embraces change. So, whether you’re a software engineer, marketing manager, customer care pro, or product specialist, you belong here, where you will have the opportunity to grow and develop your career. Check out what it’s like to be a Bloxer. We think you’ll be excited to join our team.