Infoblox is looking for a Data Engineer to augment our growing Cyber Security Software Development Team in Bangalore. The Data Engineer will report to the Manager,Software Engineering based in Tacoma, Washington. This growing team supports the Infoblox mission to thwart cybersecurity threats in our customer’s networks. This is an opportunity to work closely with data scientists and threat analysts to curate the data that makes this mission possible.
The ideal candidate is a capable software engineer with experience in data engineering and a solid background in Spark and Python. Preferably you know that countMinSketch is not a children’s game. You are comfortable wearing several hats in a small organization with a wide range of responsibilities and have worked in a cloud environment, such as Amazon EMR. You know that Big Data is both a blessing and a curse; without good data engineering, it loses its potential. You are passionate about the nexus between data and computer science -- driven to figure out how best to represent and summarize data in a way that informs good decisions and drives new products. When someone says, “my Spark job failed”, your first question is “what’s the skew?”. Come join our growing threat intelligence team and help us build world-class solutions!
- Curate very large-scale data from a multitude of sources into appropriate sets for research and development for the data science and threat analytics team
- Design and implement mechanisms to monitor data sources over time for changes using summarization, monitoring, and statistical methods
- Leverage computer science algorithms and constructs, including probabilistic data structures, to distill large data into sources of insight and enable future analytics
- Convert prototypes into production data engineering solutions through disciplined software engineering practices, Spark optimizations, and modern deployment pipelines
- Help create and maintain a strong research cloud environment, including monitoring and architecture improvements
- Collaborate on design, implementation, and deployment of applications with the rest of software engineering
- Support data scientists and threat analysts in building, debugging and deploying Spark applications that best leverage data
- Help create and maintain a consistent schema and workflow for data analytics that minimizes the time and tribal knowledge necessary to build new capabilities
- Convert user stories, mockups, and prototypes into clear, concise and testable code
- Build and maintain tools for automation, deployment, monitoring, and operations
- Refactor, update, and port legacy applications as needed
- Review, comment and merge Pull Requests with constructive and consistent feedback.
- Create test plans, test cases, and run tests with automated tools
- Investigate, debug, and fix issues in dev, test, and production environments
- Develop technical documentation as needed
- 3+ years of experience with Python3, and 2 years experience with Spark. Scala experience is helpful
- 3+ years of experience in data engineering, data science, and related data-centric fields using large-scale data environments
- Proficient in Object Oriented Design and S.O.L.I.D principles
- Strong emphasis on unit testing and code quality
- Proficient with AWS products (EMR S3, Lambda, VPC, EC2, API Gateway, etc)
- Experience with bash shell script on Linux or MacOS
- Experience with async, threading, parallel programming
- Very strong Python and PySpark experience
- Strong experience with cloud deployments and CI/CD
- Four-year degree in Computer Science or a related field
- MS or BS in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent work experience required
It’s an exciting time to be at Infoblox. We are the market leader in technology for network control. Our success depends on bright, energetic, talented people who share a passion for excellence in building the next generation of networking technologies—and having fun along the way. Infoblox offers a fast-paced, action-oriented environment. We promote a culture that embraces innovation, change, teamwork, and strong partnerships. Join the winning Infoblox team—our future looks bright, and so will yours. To check out what it’s like to be a Bloxer click here.