Business Development Representative
It’s an exciting time to be at Infoblox. Named a Top 25 Cyber Security Company by The Software Report and one of Inc. magazine’s Best Workplaces for 2020, Infoblox is the leader in cloud-first networking and security services. Our solutions empower organizations to take full advantage of the cloud to deliver network experiences that are inherently simple, scalable, and reliable for everyone. Infoblox customers are among the largest enterprises in the world and include 70% of the Fortune 500, and our success depends on bright, energetic, talented people who share a passion for building the next generation of networking technologies and having fun along the way.
We are looking for a Business Development Representative to join our growing remote team in the US, reporting to the Director, Business Development Representatives. The Business Development Representative should have a consistent track record of success in calling on senior-level corporate executives and the ability to identify key business issues. The primary focus for this role will be following up on leads to support our State, Local Education (SLED) business opportunities.
You’re the ideal candidate if you are self-motivated and possess strong communication skills, while also being able to think on your feet and identify what it takes to become an Infoblox product expert.
What you’ll do:
- Perform presale activities to develop a high-quality lead funnel and maximize these efforts to meet or exceed quotas for calls and qualified meetings
- Acquire and demonstrate a fundamental understanding of Infoblox technology in order to be a reliable customer resource
- Create opportunities within Salesforce
- Schedule meetings with prospective clients
- Partner closely with the sales team, specifically the Territory Managers and Sales Executives, to develop and implement appropriate prospect strategies and plans; this includes ensuring that representatives have the essential budget, key party, and project information before handing over the opportunity
- Support multiple states within an assigned territory
- Maintain timely follow up communication with Territory Managers and Sales Executives post-meeting
What you’ll bring:
- 2+ years of successful experience in an outbound sales environment positioning a service or technology solution, software preferred
- Experience calling on senior executives & technical decision makers within all sized organizations
- Highly energetic and motivated, with strong attention to detail
- A passion for sales and technology
- Salesforce.com and a sequence tool (Outreach.io, SalesLoft, HubSpot) experience preferred
What success looks like:
After six months, you will…
- Understand how to identify if we are a good fit for a prospect's needs
- Articulate the Infoblox benefits based on solution
- Hit or overachieve your monthly targets
- Provide feedback to product teams on requested features/ applications
After about a year, you will…
- Be able to fully qualify an opportunity
- Understand the trends by employee size/vertical/solution
- Present your annual business to the region you support
- Meet or exceed your annual targets
We’ve got you covered:
Our holistic benefits package includes coverage of your health, wealth, and wellness—as well as a great work environment, employee programs, and company culture. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, including a 401k with a company match and generous paid time off to help you balance your life. We have a strong culture and live our values every day—we believe in transparency, curiosity, respect, and above all, having fun while delighting our customers.
Speaking of a great work environment, here are just a few of the perks you may enjoy, depending on your location…
- Onsite massages, clubs, farmers market, and fitness classes
- Delicious and healthy snacks and beverages
- Electric vehicle charging stations
- Outdoor amenities, seating, and courtyard BBQ
- Dog park and pet-friendly programs
- Newly remodeled offices with state-of-the-art amenities
We’ve created a culture that embraces diversity, equity, and inclusion and rewards innovation, curiosity, and creativity. We achieve remarkable results by working together in a supportive environment that focuses on continuous learning and embraces change. So, whether you’re a software engineer, marketing manager, customer care pro, or product specialist, you belong here, where you will have the opportunity to grow and develop your career. Check out what it’s like to be a Bloxer. We think you’ll be excited to join our team.