Senior Technical Lead (Cloud)
We are looking for an Experienced Principal Back-End Engineer on Cloud (GCP & AWS) to architect, design, develop and implement scalable software solutions. You’ll be part of a cross-functional team that’s responsible for the full software development life cycle, from conception to deployment with focus on API, back-end solution and persistence (DB and Objects).
As a Principal Back-end Engineer, you should be adept at working on API’s and back-end architectures, design, coding using various languages, evaluation and effective use of different development frameworks including microservices architecture and DB design and third-party libraries. You should also be familiar with Front-End architecture and development, so as to enable effective integration with front-end solutions. You should also be a team player with the capability of designing scalable solutions. You should be adept at writing utilities and reusable functions for data management, log management, queue management, workflow processing and error handling capabilities. You should be familiar with Agile methodologies. This role requires the individual to not only to architect and design solutions following industry best practices, but also develop and implement solutions in GCP and AWS. You will have a good understanding of security practices in application architecture, design and development and will be responsible for implementing secure solutions. You will also be required to design multi-tenanted, scalable solutions optimized for time, space and cost. You should also be familiar with creating global API design and universal data access mechanisms. You should be conversant in creating fault-tolerant, highly available and reliable systems.
- Work with development teams and product managers to ideate software solutions.
- Develop APIs and server-side architecture, based on industry best practices.
- Design of client-server and distributed architectures.
- Evaluate appropriate frameworks for solution development. Be able to evaluate different frameworks and select the most appropriate framework. .
- Design the solution to address functionality, usability, maintainability, scalability and optimized performance.
- Be able to evaluate different architectures and design principles and able to select the most effective solution
- Collaborate with the team on the architecture and design of the front-end of applications.
- Design and Develop and manage well-functioning databases and applications.
- Design and Write effective APIs.
- Be able to design effective test strategy and provide guidance on automation techniques.
- Test software to ensure responsiveness and efficiency.
- Troubleshoot, debug and upgrade software.
- Create security and data protection settings.
- Build features and applications with a mobile responsive design.
- Write technical documentation.
- Work with data scientists and analysts to improve software quality, performance and scalability.
- Minimum 8 to 12 years of experience as a software professional with experience in back-end application architecture (including API’s), design and development or similar role.
- Degree in Computer Science, or relevant field.
- Experience developing web applications, API, microservices and back-end applications.
- Familiarity with common stacks.
- Knowledge of algorithms
- Software, Application, integration and microservices architecture and design experience
- Hands-on coding experience
- Familiarity with databases (e.g. MySQL, MongoDB), web servers (e.g. Apache) and UI/UX design.
- Excellent knowledge of caching techniques
- Excellent knowledge of DB and data access design including sharding and partitioning.
- Excellent working knowledge of Public cloud (GCP, AWS) and ability to program and deploy applications to GCP and AWS.
- Cloud Native application development skills (Cloud Functions, Pub-Sub etc,.)
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills.
- Great attention to detail with organizational skills and an analytical mind.
Bonus points if:
- Working experience in the life sciences industry.
- Keep abreast of latest trends and developments in technology and cloud computing
- Are adaptable to fast-paced, dynamic work environments and shifting demands.
- Are highly collaborative, team-oriented, and an effective communicator
- Are scrappy, willing to pitch in where needed.
- Have a passion for making a difference in the world
- Have the ability to work effectively in a matrix organization.