The Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) Lead helps deliver the quality and performance of large scale, big data, custom hardware multi-platform software products that includes; web, API and mobile application interfaces. This role involves working closely with Software Developers that includes leveraging shift-left methods to understand a complex domain and product. The SDET Lead focuses on contributing to the development of automated Functional Integration tests and end-to-end tests through open source test frameworks for overall system testing within an Agile environment. Participate in building up the consulting practice for performance and scalability engineering.
Responsibilities / Duties:
- Building robust, scalable, and high-quality test automation solutions for functional, regression and performance testing
- Developing code for quality automation and ensuring extensive unit test coverage of the code
- Building, customizing, deploying, and managing the environment/ test automation frameworks
- Checking for product scalability, reliability, consistency, and performance
- Participating in design and architectural discussions
- Performing high-class debugging
- Leads a small Test team by managing work load, assigning tasks to lower level engineering personnel, and providing them with technical support.
- Researching test tools, methodologies, and trends and upgrading existing practices and processes
- Works productively and with minimal management supervision while showing excellent team attitude.
Qualification / Experience
- 8+ years of experience in domain of quality engineering
- Performance testing experience(5+ years) using tools like JMeter, Neoload, New Relic, AppDynamics, Dynatrace.
- Strong with Java and Python programming skills.
- Strong understanding of basic DB tuning, application server tuning and common issues around performance and scalability.
- Excellent knowledge of the TCP/HTTP protocol suite, bonus points for experience with socket programming
- Good knowledge of Linux systems and experience with at least one common endpoint platform (OS/X, Windows, iOS, Android)
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills desired
- Hands-on automated testing using any of the following - Selenium, Appium, XCUITest, Swift, Java, TestNG
- Understanding of Test Driven Development (TDD) and Behavior Driven Development (BDD)
- Experience building highly automated test environments using virtual and cloud resources(AWS, GCP) is strongly desired
- Experience working with virtualization and containers (Docker or similar)
- Experience using CI/CD systems such as Jenkins or Bamboo
- Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams and management to collect requirements, identify tasks, provide estimates and meet commitments
- Ability to troubleshoot complex systems
- Experience generating test reports from both tools and manually
- A track record of success and consistent growth showing that you are highly motivated and capable of coming up with creative, innovative and working solutions in a fast-paced, collaborative environment
- BS/MS in Computer Science or related field