Senior Data Engineer
Apexon is a digital-first technology services firm specializing in accelerating business transformation and delivering human-centric digital experiences. We have been meeting customers wherever they are in the digital lifecycle and helping them outperform their competition through speed and innovation.
Apexon brings together distinct core competencies – in AI, analytics, app development, cloud, commerce, CX, data, DevOps, IoT, mobile, quality engineering and UX, and our deep expertise in BFSI, healthcare, and life sciences – to help businesses capitalize on the unlimited opportunities digital offers. Our reputation is built on a comprehensive suite of engineering services, a dedication to solving clients’ toughest technology problems, and a commitment to continuous improvement.
Backed by Goldman Sachs Asset Management and Everstone Capital, Apexon now has a global presence of 15 offices (and 10 delivery centers) across four continents.
We enable #HumanFirstDIGITAL
What does a Big Data Engineer, Senior do?
As an experienced member of our Data Engineering Platform Group, you will be responsible for building and taking ownership over the successful design and development of data engineering projects within Fiserv’s Enterprise Data Commerce Solutions division. You will be required to apply your depth of knowledge and expertise to all aspects of the data engineering lifecycle, as well as partner continuously with your many stakeholders daily to stay focused on common goals. You'll work in a collaborative, trusting, thought-provoking environment-one that encourages diversity of thought and creative solutions that are in the best interests of our customers globally. You will Lead large-scale data engineering, integration and warehousing projects, build custom integrations between cloud-based systems using APIs and write complex and efficient queries to transform raw data sources into easily accessible models by using the Data integration tool with coding across several languages such as Java, Python, and SQL. Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to Architect, build, and launch new data models that provide intuitive analytics to the team and Build data expertise and own data quality for the pipelines you create.
Basic Qualifications for consideration:
- 10+ Overall industry experience
- 7+ years' experience with building large scale big data applications development
- Bachelors in computer science or related field
- Provide technical leadership in developing data solutions and building frameworks.
- Expertise in solutions for processing large volumes of data, using data processing tools and Big Data platforms.
- Experience building Data Lake, EDW and data applications using Azure, AWS and
- Hands-on experience in cloud Data stack (preference is Azure)
- Understanding of cluster and parallel architecture as well as high-scale or distributed RDBMS, SQL experience
- Hands on experience on major languages like Java
- Java experience with OOPS concepts, multithreading
- Nice to have experience deploying code on containers.
- Conduct code reviews and strive for improvement in software engineering quality.
- Hands-on experience in production rollout and infrastructure configuration
- Demonstrable experience of successfully delivering big data projects using Kafka, Spark
- Exposure working on NoSQL Databases such as Cassandra, HBase, DynamoDB, and Elastic Search
- Experience working with PCI Data and working with data scientists is a plus.
- In depth knowledge of design principles and patterns
- Able to tune big data solutions to improve performance.
Preferred Skills, Experience and Education:
- Exposure to Big Data tools and solutions a strong plus
- Exposure to Relational Modeling, Dimensional Modeling, and Modeling of Unstructured Data
- Bachelors in computer science or related field
- Experience in Design and architecture review
- Experience in Banking, Financial domain
- Bachelor's Degree or master’s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, or equivalent.
Don’t worry if you don’t check all the boxes; we’d still love to hear from you.
Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
Did you know that Apexon has been Certified™ by Great Place To Work®, the global authority on workplace culture, in each of the three regions in which it operates: USA (for the fourth time in 2023), India (seven consecutive certifications as of 2023), and the UK.
Apexon is committed to being an equal opportunity employer and promoting diversity in the workplace. We take affirmative action to ensure equal employment opportunity for all qualified individuals. Apexon strictly prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind and provides equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to gender, race, color, ethnicity or national origin, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other applicable characteristics protected by law.
Our Perks and Benefits:
Our benefits and rewards program has been thoughtfully designed to recognize your skills and contributions, elevate your learning/upskilling experience and provide care and support for you and your loved ones.
As an Apexer, you get continuous skill-based development, opportunities for career advancement, and access to comprehensive health and well-being benefits and assistance.
We also offer:
- Health Insurance with Dental & Vision
- 401K Plan
- Life Insurance, STD & LTD
- Paid Vacations & Holidays
- Paid Parental Leave
- FSA Dependent & Limited Purpose care
- Learning & Development