Agile Program Manager
Apexon is a digital-first technology services firm backed by Goldman Sachs Asset Management and Everstone Capital. We specialize in accelerating business transformation and delivering human-centric digital experiences. For over 17 years, Apexon has been meeting customers wherever they are in the digital lifecycle and helping them outperform their competition through speed and innovation.
Apexon is seeking a Agile Program Manager with a minimum of 10+ years of experience based in Santa Clara, CA location. Please note that this will be a 100% remote.
The role will be responsible for managing technology programs across multiple agile pods in a fast-paced delivery environment. The successful candidate will be responsible for maintaining regular communication with various stakeholders, resolving and where required, escalating program level impediments, help manage program risk, and drive relentless improvement with a vision of fulfilling the objectives of the Program. This role will also participate in Agile transformation, coaching leaders, teams, and Scrum Masters in the new processes and mindsets with a goal of building high performing teams.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS:
Successful candidate will be:
- Empowered to make decisions and set direction of the program
- Responsible for program delivery planning, together with the budget and resource forecasting of one or more agile pods within the program.
- Accountable for meeting the delivery schedule by managing and tracking the day-to-day execution, including the dependencies, across the pods in the program
- First point of escalation and resolution for questions from the pod team, product owners, or technology partners.
- Responsible for timely updates to all the stakeholders
- Provide oversight to the scrum masters on the Agile pods
- Own Agile process implementation and drive adoption of agile best practices
Additional responsibilities include:
- Ensure program level governance routines (status, RAID, escalation, dependencies, etc.) are documented, communicated and used consistently
- Ensures operating model playbook is updated and used consistently, as well as ensure team members are trained on these concepts as needed
- Ensure consistency of communications across the pods and prepares appropriate materials and messaging for regular leadership updates
- Manages resource plan and program financials.
- Ensure team has the proper toolsets available, configured and training available
- Foster a continuous learning environment helping teams to inspect & adapt
- Strong communications and interpersonal skills; demonstrated ability to quickly build trust and relationships, manage matrixed teams, bridge communication gaps, resolve conflicts, and influence stakeholders
- Agile certification and experience in scaled agile implementation is essential.
- Experience and knowledge of leveraging Jira and EazyBI required
- Previous experience in RTE role preferred.
- Strong technical aptitude and ability to quickly learn new products, lines of business, processes, software, systems, and client needs (specific technical requirements)
- Technical program management experience including managing large scale data integration and system implementation projects. Experience managing projects with loan system(s) or loan origination systems at a Bank desired
- Effective risk management skills and ability to predict and mitigate risks and issues, as well as anticipating and proactively preparing for changes and impacts to clients and business
- Active listening, persuasiveness to gain buy-in, consensus, and cooperation in the face of conflicting viewpoints, resistance to change, constraints, etc.
- Critical Thinking: Quickly analyze a situation and organize the team around a solution
- Attitude of empowerment: Must be able to guide team(s) to self-organization
- Attitude of transparency: Must desire to bring disclosure and transparency to both business and IT and build trust amongst partners
- Collaborative: Ability to partner with others to achieve goals at various levels throughout the organization and lead others to do so by example
- Communicative and social: Must be able to communicate well with all levels of the organization from Scrum team members to release train leadership
- Conflict resolution: Must be able to facilitate discussion at the team level and facilitate alternatives or different approaches
- Continual improvement: Must continually be growing one’s craft learning new tools and techniques to manage oneself and a team
- Brings a high-energy and passionate outlook to the job and can influence those around her/him
- Able to build a sense of trust and rapport that creates a comfortable & effective workplace
- Communication Proficiency
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- Customer Focus