Backend Java Developer
Apexon is a digital-first technology services firm backed by Goldman Sachs Asset Management and Everstone Capital. We specialize in accelerating business transformation and delivering human-centric digital experiences. For over 17 years, Apexon has been meeting customers wherever they are in the digital lifecycle and helping them outperform their competition through speed and innovation.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Software Development: Design and implement high-quality software that performs at scale
- Process & Operations: Build, maintain, and extend development processes and tools to ensure ongoing improvements to team productivity and product scalability
- Leadership: Provides technical leadership and mentors junior developers.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering, electrical engineering, or related discipline with 8+ years of experience or master’s degree in a similar field with 6+ years of experience
- Have successfully built, deployed, and supported an enterprise-scale web application in the cloud (3+ years of experience)
- Hands-on software development expertise in Java
- Hands-on experience with Java backend technologies required for implementing enterprise-scale web application in the cloud
- Ability to understand complex workflows and develop and validate innovative solutions to solve difficult problems
- Cloud (AWS) and Microservices experience is required
- Experience in API Design, Data Modeling, Capacity planning
- Engineering best practices such as TDD and CI/CD
- Experience providing technical leadership for a small team with guidance from management or senior teammates.
- Quick learner with the ability to understand complex workflows and develop and validate innovative solutions to solve difficult problems
- Strong communication, with the ability to explain complex technical problems to non-technical audiences and the ability to translate customer requirements to technical designs
- Experience proposing technical solutions for new or revised features based on understanding of product and business domain.
- Experience proposing improvements to code quality and improvements to the software development lifecycle
- Proactive communicator with other functions and business stakeholders.
- Ability to make design decisions for the team and effectively communicating the rationale to the team
- Experience collaborating with product managers, UX design leaders, and engineers in an agile development environment
- Nice to Have: Experience developing medical device software