Senior Software Engineer (React JS)
- 3+ years’ experience with React and knowledge of React 16 (comfortable with the Context API, Hooks)
- Must have command over React and ideally should be working on React in current project
- Strong sense of design, UX. Can translate static comps into a fluid implementation
- Experience with writing tests with Jest
- Familiarity of code versioning tool such as (Mercurial, Git).
- Familiarity with continuous integration.
- Willing to learn back-end development in RoR on the job
Good to have:
- Experience working on backend (preferred is Ruby on Rails) for 1+ years
- Alternate can be Java backend or .NET with MVC
- Good understanding of the syntax of Ruby and writing clean, readable Ruby code.
- Understanding of metaprogramming in Ruby.
- Skills for writing reusable Ruby libraries.
- Experience with web application frameworks Rails (ActiveRecord, MVC pattern).
- Experience with databases. Ideally experience with MySQL.
- Experience with rack applications and rake tasks.
- Experience with writing tests with RSpec, Implementation of automated testing platforms and unit tests.
- Good understanding of object-oriented programming.
- Familiarity with concepts such as (MVC, Mocking, ORM, and RESTful).
- Complete project on time based on the project planning
- Engages in grooming discussions, pull requests. Proactive about asking questions and getting feedback on their own work.
- Self-initiative to learn and explore
- Strong analytical skills for effective problem solving.
- Involve in technical discussion with client
- Demonstrable abilities to optimize code. Focus on quality & ability to perform code reviews.
- Collaborate with other team members to create quicker issue resolution to achieve high customer satisfaction
- Ensure highest code quality by code review tool and manual code review
- Ensure technical consistency and stability within an application: performance, reliability and maintainability
- Looks for opportunities to make improvements and can do so in a safe and well-communicated manner.
Role in Project:
- Full stack developer who can work on backend (RoR) and frontend (ReactJS) tasks both.
- Primary skill will be React and RoR can be learned while working on project and pairing with other developers on team.