Functional Architect - FA1 A4 SC1
Apexon is a digital-first technology services firm backed by Goldman Sachs Asset Management and Everstone Capital. We specialize in accelerating business transformation and delivering human-centric digital experiences. For over 17 years, Apexon has been meeting customers wherever they are in the digital lifecycle and helping them outperform their competition through speed and innovation.
The primary objectives of this engagement are to provide support for users, staff, systems, processes, and quality assurance support associated with the Pennsylvania Department of Health (PADOH), PA National Electronic Disease Surveillance System (PA-NEDSS), PA Electronic Case Reporting (PA-eCR) system, and the Epidemiology Program Area.
- Provides daily communication and eCR onboarding request management.
- Conducts daily systems monitoring and analysis to maximize effectiveness and troubleshoot problems.
- Monitors eCR resource account and responds to CDC and organizational requests for information and onboarding.
- Maintains agency eCR website and Declaration of Readiness for eCR.
- Logs all onboarding requests in SharePoint, administers registration letters, and coordinates eCR onboarding activates between CDC and organizations.
- Attends CDC onboarding calls and eCR Data Quality Subgroup meetings.
- Maintains familiarity with the CMS Promoting Interoperability Program requirements to provide information as requested to organization and Program Area staff.
- Confers with various technical teams and Program Area staff to ensure solutions conform to customer and technical support specifications.
- Creates and maintains technical process and training documentation as needed.
- Ensures deliverable compliance with all Commonwealth and HHSDC standards and procedures.
- Participates as needed in various technical sessions and meetings, including daily Triage and weekly CCB.
- Participates in application release testing efforts as needed.
- Maintains technical skills and knowledge required to support NEDSS eCR systems.
- Completes weekly timesheet reporting in in Vector VMS by COB Friday.
- Provides status reporting conforming to intervals and standards mandated by the Applications Development Administrator.
- This position is responsible for performing all roles/duties defined in the standard Functional Architect (FA1) Job description.
In addition, specific work items for the contractor are:
- Works as directed by the Applications Development Administrator to provide ongoing support and communication for the eCR onboarding effort.
- Monitors the eCR resource email account for incoming requests and issues, evaluates email requests and takes appropriate action to resolve or document requests as appropriate.
- Creates tickets in Azure DevOps where appropriate based on requests received or eCR solution enhancement submissions.
- Develops user documentation, training materials and onboarding processes to ensure a smooth and effective onboarding workflow.
- Manages eCR SharePoint site for onboarding requests and updates eCR technical design documents and RCTC code lists as they are released by CDC.
- Performs an active role in onboarding organizations for eCR and confers with Program Area on onboarding priority.
- Works with NEDSS team staff and Program Area staff to help troubleshoot eCR message issues or system behavior issues.
- Review yearly release of the CMS Promoting Interoperability Program requirements to provide information as requested to organization and Program Area staff.
- Participates in the efforts of the PA-NEDSS/PA-ELR/PALIMS Application Development and Operations Support Team. The team consists of Developers, Business Analysts, and Information Technology Generalists, responsible for programming, supporting, and testing the PA-NEDSS/PA-ELR/PALIMS applications and interfaces, and interoperability with the hardware and database specifications of the project.
- Performs other related duties and special projects as assigned. The purpose and standards will be given at the time of each assignment.
Contractor Skills and Experience Requirements:
- This position requires a high degree of business and technical knowledge, skill, leadership, dedication, and ability to take initiative. Ability to ramp up quickly and perform independently is essential. Familiarity and experience with the Healthcare industry is preferred.
IT Systems, Applications and Software Used or Required:
- PA-NEDSS Application and Application Administration Tool
- ServiceNow Help Desk Ticketing System
- Microsoft Office 365 Suite
- Microsoft Azure DevOps
- Electronic Case Reporting experience required
- Healthcare industry preferred (focus on health information technology)
- State, Federal, and Local government experience preferred.
If you feel that this is a good match for your skillsets, please submit a current word version of your resume along with a cover letter describing your skills, experience and salary expectations. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).