Apexon is a digital-first technology services firm backed by Goldman Sachs Asset Management and Everstone Capital. We specialize in accelerating business transformation and delivering human-centric digital experiences. For over 17 years, Apexon has been meeting customers wherever they are in the digital lifecycle and helping them outperform their competition through speed and innovation.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
Job Duties : Participate in all aspects of the development life cycle while working with an extensive team of analysts, developers and testers to deliver software projects that meet or exceed client expectations and are completed according to schedule.
• Develop and implement new software features, web pages, APIs, and backend modules.
• Develop unit tests and maintain source control using TFS.
• Unit test components to ensure they meet acceptance criteria and are scalable
• Test and maintain software products to ensure strong functionality and optimization.
• Work as part of a team of developers, QA, support staff, and DevOps engineers in a highly collaborative fashion."
Job Responsibilities : Interfacing with user to determine scope, business objectives and system requirements.
• Participate in all aspects of report/extract development life cycle: analysis/ requirements, design, development, testing and deployment
• Participating in Cognos Upgrades and environment testing
• Supporting and independently handling client reporting requests for the applications
• Responsible for design, development, testing of Cognos Framework models reports and dashboards.
• Ability to build cubes using Transformer
• Develop and maintain reports using Cognos Analytics
• Develop and maintain dashboards and apply data visualization best practices
• Define and document setup and configuration parameters
• Define and follow Cognos development best practices
• Provide subject matter expertise in Cognos BI 11.x solution architecture
• Manage report security, folder security, database row level security, report schedules and distribution
• Working with Cross Functional Teams Including Functional team, Project Managers, DBA and Business Stakeholders to deliver a high-Quality End to End solution.
• Debug and help resolve any related issues in the system and help Functional team and client understand it.
• Ensure high quality and performance in the architecture results in delivering solutions to clients.
• Document the proposed solution which includes a definition of the user interfaces, functional processes, and data within the proposed system.
• Ability to work with other team members including other developers and supervisors
• Demonstrated ability to master new material quickly and independently
• Perform extensive software impact assessments for proposed system modifications
• Analyze, troubleshoot and debug reported errors
• Create detailed program specifications and other technical design specifications
• Participate in development and testing activities
• Manage individual tasks and deliverable components in order to complete projects on schedule
• Participate in quality control measures including peer code reviews."