ABOUT THE ROLE:
Indochino is looking for a part-time In-House Tailor for our Ottawa Showroom, you will be the point person for alterations on men's garments including suits, jackets and pants among others; managing workflow with offsite vendors, maintaining productivity levels in store, and offering an expert opinion on how to tailor a garment to ensure the best fit possible! Specifically, you will take ownership of the following:
- Perform and complete alterations according to Indochino’s guidelines and service standards
- Provide sound advice on the product, calculating lead times to ensure the customer’s expectations are accurately managed
- Strong knowledge of garment fitting, fabrics, styling, manufacturing techniques, garment construction and men’s suiting
- Customer-centric approach, understanding and showing enthusiasm for the product and brand
- Press, steam, and spot clean garments/merchandise as necessary
- Follow quality control guidelines and garment inspection
- Meet or exceed required productivity levels (300+ units a month at a minimum is expected) and ensure every request is responded to in a timely manner
- Complete any rush orders, special requests and escalated situations
- Maintain an accurate record of alterations completed, utilizing the tools provided
- Coordinate alterations completed by Alterations vendor and work with them to resolve any potential issue
- Cultivate customer relationships to create loyalty and foster brand ambassadors
- Identify and communicate possible quality discrepancies, both from factory and from vendors
- Assist with customer fittings during high traffic situations at the Showroom Manager’s discretion
- Educate customers and Showroom personnel on proper fitting techniques
- Resolve alterations customer service issues or complaints and escalate unresolved situations as appropriate
- Ensure preventative maintenance of equipment and report any damage or broken equipment immediately
- Communicate supply needs to the Alterations Specialist to ensure all supplies are available at all times
You are exceptional at keeping things organized and you have impeccable time management skills. You know what it takes to provide top-notch customer service, and you pay attention to all the little details to make sure that the customers know they have been taken care of. It goes without saying that you have a love for fashion and can’t get enough of the fast paced retail environment. In addition, you also bring with you the following:
- High level of applied tailoring skills
- Knowledge and ability to complete all alterations needed in store
- Ability to bridge communication between Showroom staff and tailors
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and work within tight deadlines
- Strong desire and aptitude to develop, learn and grow through hands-on experience
- Proficiency in Word, Excel or Google Docs is a definite asset
- A strong design sense and trend awareness across all fields
- Previous experience in Fashion Retail an advantage
- Ability to communicate clearly and interact with customers and coworkers in a personable, professional manner
- High level of ownership, accountability and initiative
- Flexibility to work retail schedules such as weekends, evenings, and holidays
- Desire to work in a fast-paced environment guided by iterative learning and team engagement.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and time-management skills
- Ability to move throughout the store, lift up to 10 pounds, stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, stand, and reach with arms
WHY YOU SHOULD WORK AT INDOCHINO:
Of course you will get great compensation, but there are a few things that set us apart.
- Your co-workers will be outstanding. The people here are really terrific. We’re continually learning from each other.
- We truly collaborate. You will work and partner with a variety of different teams from merchandising, technology, operations and anything in between.
- We’re shaking things up in the apparel world. If you have ambition and a strong point of view (with the skills to back it up) you’ll have a good time at Indochino.
If this sounds like something you’d love to do, and you know you’re the person for us, visit our careers page, tell us a bit about yourself, we’d love to hear from you!