Location: Cochabamba, Bolivia
The DevOps Engineer works as an integrated part of a software engineering and operation teams with specific focus on facilitating and building automated pipelines for continuous delivery of the team's deliverables with guaranteed production-level quality and supportability. As a DevOps Engineer you must balance several roles in the development process, including computer coding, testing and deployment. A quest to automate processes where ever possible.
- Defining and developing CI/CD pipelines and integration.
- Building Infrastructure as Code and Configuration Management.
- Develop and maintain monitoring and logging of system infrastructure.
- Identifying, researching, and prototyping new technologies to improve DevOps processes
- Collaborating with various teams and disciplines to promote and develop DevOps best practices
- Identify manual processes that can be automated
- Consider the organization’s entire IT infrastructure when making changes and improvements
- Maintain and improve the companies cloud infrastructures
- Managing day to day operations of release pipelines, build tools, and source control software and resources
- Performing ongoing maintenance and upgrades of DevOps systems (Production & non-production)
- Troubleshooting & responding to downtime, performance degradation and outside attacks
This job description is not all-inclusive, and the employee may perform other reasonable related business duties as assigned by immediate supervisor and other management as required.
Required Education, Experience, and Specific Job Related Skills
Work experience in development and infrastructure required. Desired bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Business Information Systems or related field
- Solves basic problems for assigned tasks using a small set of techniques (e.g. trial and error, abstraction & encapsulation or divide & conquer)
- Can debug basic problems in own code
- Stays abreast of new technologies and industry best practices related to DevOps
- Service-oriented; ability to supply services to a team of engineers
- Coordinates work with peers
- Shares discoveries and best practices
- Learns from others within team
- Self-Driven. Proactively looks for ways to improve systems and processes
- Performs incremental testing actions on code, processes, and deployments to identify ways to streamline execution and minimize errors encountered.
- 2+ years of experience as a DevOps engineer
- Solid understanding of Agile Software Development practices and principles
- Experience working with Git and Github
- Experience in CI/CD tools like Github Actions, AWS Services, Jenkins, TFS
- Experience in scripting such as Powershell, Bash.
- Strong background system administration background with Windows.
- Desirable experience with Linux
- Understanding of ITIL process
- Experience with ticketing systems like Jira and ServiceNow
- Familiarity with containerization in Docker and container orchestration services, especially Kubernetes
- Experience with config management like Chef or Ansible
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code like Terraform or Cloudformation
- Experience in creating system monitoring and logging with Prometheus, Grafana, Elk, Data Dog, BMC
- Familiarity with .Net/.Net core build development
- Strong experience in Amazon AWS services
- Familiarity with one or more database engines, including SQL Server, MySQL, Postgres, Dynamo.
ABOUT NICE CXone: NICE CXone makes it easy and affordable for organizations around the globe to provide exceptional customer experiences while meeting key business metrics. NICE CXone provides the world’s No. 1 cloud customer experience platform, combining best-in-class Omnichannel Routing, Workforce Optimization, Analytics, Automation and Artificial Intelligence on an Open Cloud Foundation. NICE CXone is a part of NICE (Nasdaq: NICE), the worldwide leading provider of both cloud and on-premises enterprise software solutions.
NICE is committed to provide an environment based on equal opportunity for all qualified applicants and employees. It is the policy of NICE to afford equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals, regardless of age, race, color, creed, religion, citizenship, ancestry, national origin, sex, gender, pregnancy, mental or physical disability, marital status, veteran status, service in the Armed Forces, sexual or affectional orientation, atypical hereditary cellular or blood traits, genetic information, status as a victim of domestic or sexual violence, and/or any other status protected by any applicable federal, state and/or local statute or regulation.