Customer References Manager II
Customer References Manager II
Location: Salt Lake City, UT
The Customer References Manager will plan, develop, execute, manage and create strategies to evolve the customer references program to ensure optimal customer reference-ability and advocacy. This role will partner closely with internal teams, such as product marketing, corporate communications, demand generation, and sales, as well as external vendors, to achieve established goals.
As a Customer References Manager II, a Typical Day Might Include the Following:
- Manages, monitors, and optimizes the NICE CXone customer reference program to supplement and benefit NICE CXone's ongoing sales and marketing efforts, including international efforts for markets outside of North America.
- Builds, nurtures, and maintains relationships with NICE CXone's most strategic and/or user-savvy reference-able customers and engage in regular proactive interaction with the entire reference pool to ensure the effective use of customers as references per their expectations.
- Owns the references program solution – ReferenceEdge – including being the main administrator of the tool, working with the vendor to solve any issues, and working with internal resources to ensure the tool is properly updated and maintained.
- Manages and sustains, through both growth and substitution, a pool of reference-able customers. Developing strategic methods to increase pool of customers.
- Maintains and updates users, reference-able customers and customer-facing content on the ReferenceEdge tool.
- Promotes the Customer Reference Program and follows reference fulfillment best practices, workflow and solution to increase adoption and visibility.
- Sources, deploys, and manages customer reference assets and interactions.
- Works closely with NICE CXone's marketing communications, field/industry marketing and Customer Experience groups to strategically identify and secure applicable reference accounts for various media opportunities, speaking engagements, awards, blogs and analyst relations activities to drive exposure and awareness and help cement NICE CXones's market-leading positioning.
- Conducts periodic assessments of the current state of customer advocacy within the organization to identify critical gaps and develop a plan to address them. This includes forecasting, measuring and analyzing the impact of Customer Reference program on sales cycles. Monitors reports and dashboards to demonstrate progress and identify needs and results. Provides regular reports to leadership with data reporting and analysis.
- Based on knowledge of CRP customers, identifies candidates and secures participation for case studies and video testimonials that support NICE CXone's solution portfolio and messaging.
- Manages the rewards component of customer reference program.
- Evangelizes the value of customer advocacy internally, this includes articulating advocacy contributions to sales leadership. The function also includes seeking feedback from stakeholders, capturing/vetting suggestions to grow and develop a plan to improve.
- Owns the "call for speakers" element of the NICE CXone user conference. This responsibility entails managing the entire process – maintaining and managing the call for speakers' database, evaluating speaker submissions, working with content owners to review submissions, communicate conference details to speakers, managing speaker presentations, assisting with building agenda, and finding customer substitutions for last minute speaker withdrawals. Evaluating the process through every step.
- Identifies strategies for embedding customer advocacy into other cross-functional areas including demand creation and customer lifecycle marketing.
- Communicates with sales to gain buy-in, understanding and participation in the Customer References program.
- Identifies sales training needs related to the specific marketing efforts led by this role, and collaboratively develops programs to address knowledge gaps.
- Manages vendor relationships, as assigned, including negotiating preferred pricing and terms, ensuring that purchasing procedures are followed.
To Land This Gig You'll Need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Advertising, Public Relations, or related field (or equivalent work experience) is required.
- 5+ years of previous high-tech, B2B, enterprise software marketing-related experience, ideally in customer marketing or customer references/advocacy roles.
- Proven experience in various references techniques.
- CRM and customer reference platform experience
- Proficiency in MS Office applications including Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Demonstrated excellent written (including editing and proofreading), verbal and visual communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to earn trust and respect from sales management and customers, combined with ability to influence others and work collaboratively with other departments
- Proven ability to manage and prioritize workload, projects and many reference requests at one time while consistently delivering requests on time and by SLA
- Vendor management and contract negotiation
- High energy, detail-oriented, self-directed team player
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative, lead by example and achieve extraordinary results
- Demonstrated interest in continuous education to ensure program and skillset it best in class.
- SaaS/on-demand software experience
- Experience with Salesforce.com, and Domo
- Marketo experience a plus
- NPS certification a plus
ABOUT NICE CXone: With NICE, it’s never been easier for organizations of all sizes around the globe to create extraordinary customer experiences while meeting key business metrics. Featuring the world’s #1 cloud native customer experience platform, CXone, we’re a worldwide leader in AI-powered contact center software. Over 25,000 organizations in more than 150 countries, including over 85 of the Fortune 100 companies, partner with NICE to transform—and elevate—every customer interaction.
NICE is committed to provide an environment based on equal opportunity for all qualified applicants and employees. It is the policy of NICE to afford equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals, regardless of age, race, color, creed, religion, citizenship, ancestry, national origin, sex, gender, pregnancy, mental or physical disability, marital status, veteran status, service in the Armed Forces, sexual or affectional orientation, atypical hereditary cellular or blood traits, genetic information, status as a victim of domestic or sexual violence, and/or any other status protected by any applicable federal, state and/or local statute or regulation.