Incident Manager (NOC)
Incident Manager (NOC)
Location: Salt Lake City, UT
The Incident Manager coordinates incident responses across all functional and virtual groups. The position is a 24/7/365 role with primary hours between 7am-5pm MST. The Incident Manager will lead the end to end process for incident resolution and ensure that the right groups are involved in the mitigation /resolution of incidents. This position will communicate incident information and impact to customers, business partners and senior management. Upon resolution of the incident, the Incident Manager will ensure that the correct follow up actions are identified and assigned by working with the appropriate teams. This position also participates in projects to improve the current incident management process.
- Assesses impact and progress during major and minor incidents to ensure escalation is timely and appropriate.
- Enter incident details and keep information updated in the incident management tool in a timely manner with accurate information.
- Provides accurate and timely communications on impact to the appropriate distribution lists and senior management.
- Drives governance around incident management, for example, ensures an incident ticket is opened, escalated, updates and closed according to proper procedure and protocol.
- Establishes regular communication with IT management the business and the customer regarding the status of incident tickets and adherence to the incident management process.
- Contributes to evolving and maturing the incident management process so it integrates with other processes, problem management, change management, and tools.
- May need to facilitate regular meeting with customers, the business and IT incident management stakeholders to prioritize and resolve important incident related issues.
- Leverage incident management best practices and process frameworks, such as, ITIL methodology, to drive continual process improvement.
- May participate in the incident management technology evaluations and decisions as well as the day to day use of incident management tools.
- Participate in special projects as assigned.
Required Education, Experience, and Specific Job Related Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Information Systems or related field or equivalent work experience required.
- 5+ years of technology experience, including troubleshooting and performing root cause analysis of complex IT solutions
- 2+ years of demonstrated leadership experience building consensus
- Experience in incident, problem, and change processes and tools
- Working knowledge of IT operations and support organizations
- ITIL V3 Foundation level certification or desire to obtain with 180 days
- Knowledge of problem and incident management tools and best practices
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Proven ability to build and manage relationships effectively
- Strong organizational skills; ability to manage multiple projects with competing demands for resources.
- A focus on business satisfaction, with strong interpersonal skills and responsiveness
- Ability to communicate with all levels of technical and management staff
- Strong Writing Skills
- Customer Service
- IT-Infrastructure Background
- Prior knowledge of cloud services
ABOUT NICE inContact: NICE inContact makes it easy and affordable for organizations around the globe to provide exceptional customer experiences while meeting key business metrics. NICE inContact provides the world’s #1 cloud customer experience platform, NICE inContact CXone™, combining best-in-class Omnichannel Routing, Workforce Optimization, Analytics, Automation and Artificial Intelligence on an Open Cloud Foundation. NICE inContact is a part of NICE (Nasdaq: NICE), the worldwide leading provider of both cloud and on-premises enterprise software solutions.
NICE is committed to provide an environment based on equal opportunity for all qualified applicants and employees. It is the policy of NICE to afford equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals, regardless of age, race, color, creed, religion, citizenship, ancestry, national origin, sex, gender, pregnancy, mental or physical disability, marital status, veteran status, service in the Armed Forces, sexual or affectional orientation, atypical hereditary cellular or blood traits, genetic information, status as a victim of domestic or sexual violence, and/or any other status protected by any applicable federal, state and/or local statute or regulation.