Technical Support Engineer II
Any issue with our software that impairs the operation of a customer’s contact center has significant financial ramifications for them. Our ability to restore service, improve their understanding, and resolve chronic issues will greatly increase the value they receive from our solutions and will reduce financial risk when they experience problems.
- Demonstrate deep subject matter expertise in our core technologies, as well as at least one other technology specialty, and develop expertise in a second area of specialty
- Provide advanced technical support to customers via phone, online, chat, and email and use tools and advanced expertise to pull and effectively analyze logs, traces, packet captures, etc. to determine root cause of issues
- Demonstrate professional, assertive, articulate, and friendly verbal and written communication in all aspects of your work. Take full ownership of all communication needs related to the management of troubleshooting efforts internally and externally, building confidence across all customers and stakeholders that we are progressing properly towards resolution.
- Effectively mentor colleagues on their communication, troubleshooting, process, product knowledge and case work.
- Encourage productive debate and discussion with colleagues to more thoroughly analyze and resolve problems
- Be influential in improving procedures and processes that improve our efficiency and effectiveness
- Ensure that each case that you own is progressing according to the response and resolution targets as specified in our Service Level Agreements (SLA). Assist colleagues in accelerating their cases toward timely resolution
- Provide root cause correction, not just symptom relief. Ensure that all facets of the problem are evaluated to eliminate the recurrence of the issue. Exemplify tenacity in resolving core issues that fully resolve problems, and assist peers in doing the same
- Proactively manage personally assigned and cases from the queue based upon severity and priority of each issue and your skills and ability to resolve.
- Open and monitor incidents created with 3rd party providers. Work with other internal stakeholders to improve our interactions and success in handling these incidents
- Obtain and maintain certification as a Knowledge-Centered Service (KCS) Publisher, create useful knowledge content, and update existing knowledgebase articles using KCS methodology. Provide coaching to others on KCS best practices
- Identify, document, and report issues with software, design, reliability, and maintenance issues to the proper teams, ensuring that they are aware of and are addressing customer expectations. Gather, validate, and document all pertinent details related to an issue believed to be a bug to enable the receiving R&D resource to easily and rapidly duplicate the issue. Work with R&D as needed during isolation, correction, and implementation of any delivered resolution
- Develop and maintain consistent and exemplary performance on all key performance indicators, modeling a higher-level achievement for level 1 Technical Support Engineers as well as your peers at the same job level
- Properly de-escalate customers through expert communication and resource engagement, ensuring that all customers that you influence are receiving excellent service. Expected to handle more complex and escalated cases.
- Demonstrate a deep understanding of networking technologies and how they are utilized by our products, platform and customers. Expert at reading and analyzing network and other technical diagrams to aid in problem diagnosis and resolution, and often provide mentoring to colleagues to improve their technical abilities
- Provide training to colleagues in real time as you perform your work and assist them in being successful in their roles. Develop training materials, best practice documentation, and other resources that will help others, including customers, to be more successful with our products
- While a consistent work schedule is a norm, the ability to work a flexible schedule and provide on-call services is needed from time to time
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive, and you will also perform other reasonable related business duties as assigned by your immediate supervisor and other management as required. We may revise or change job duties as the need arises. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Business Information Systems, Networking or a similar field, or equivalent work experience required
- 5+ years’ work experience in a technical customer service role, preferably in a technical support capacity
- Minimum of three years of experience working with and advanced knowledge of technologies such as SaaS, telecommunications, contact center software, networking technologies such as TCP/IP, HTTP, SFTP, scripting, load balancers, proxies, firewalls and Relational Databases (MSSQL, Oracle, MySQL)
- Excellent technical, analytical and problem-solving skills for diverse and complex issues in high-pressure, complex, SaaS multi-platform/system/vendor environments
- Excellent professional, written and verbal communications skills with the ability to capture all details in written form during conversations. Communication is assertive, articulate, and friendly while building confidence across all stakeholders you work with
- Time management skills that allow you to work in a highly influential manner in an interrupt-driven environment. Ability to multi-task and maintain professional composure during stressful situations, prioritizing your activities appropriately
- Superior analytical and problem-solving skills while managing diverse and complex issues in high-pressure, complex, multi-platform/system/vendor environments
- Proven ability to utilize, create and update knowledgebase resources in the course of your work
- Proven ability to drive escalated customer problems to resolution utilizing appropriate internal and external resources
- Ability to communicate effectively across all company teams such as Product Management, Research and Development, Quality Assurance, Professional Services, and Executive/Senior Management teams to resolve technical issues
- Industry experience including understanding of the contact center business, as well as general market and business trends
- Understanding of networking technologies and telecommunications architecture (PBX, Carriers, VoIP)
- Demonstrated ability to work independently as part of a larger team
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced, agile environment with assertiveness, critical thinking, and strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to adapt quickly to change, think on your feet, communicate positively and work proactively
- Ability to troubleshoot VoIP, telephony/telecom technologies, DS3, Ethernet, OC-X, 1+ and toll-free services
- Experience in a technical support role in a software or telecommunications environment.
- Workforce Management software and/or outbound dialer experience
- Web Services and API knowledge and understanding of conceptual use
- Competent in database and SQL concepts
ABOUT NICE inContact: NICE inContact makes it easy and affordable for organizations around the globe to provide exceptional customer experiences while meeting key business metrics. NICE inContact provides the world’s No. 1 cloud customer experience platform, NICE inContact CXone™, combining best-in-class Omnichannel Routing, Workforce Optimization, Analytics, Automation and Artificial Intelligence on an Open Cloud Foundation. NICE inContact is a part of NICE (Nasdaq: NICE), the worldwide leading provider of both cloud and on-premises enterprise software solutions.
NICE is committed to provide an environment based on equal opportunity for all qualified applicants and employees. It is the policy of NICE to afford equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals, regardless of age, race, color, creed, religion, citizenship, ancestry, national origin, sex, gender, pregnancy, mental or physical disability, marital status, veteran status, service in the Armed Forces, sexual or affectional orientation, atypical hereditary cellular or blood traits, genetic information, status as a victim of domestic or sexual violence, and/or any other status protected by any applicable federal, state and/or local statute or regulation.