Location: Salt Lake City, UT
The Director of Engineering is an energetic, passionate software leader who thrives on successfully releasing products to the market, building bridges across the organization. This is achieved through directing the development, testing, delivery, and support of cloud-based contact center solutions and applications, including resource schedules and delivery milestones, overall product quality, system capacity planning, and support across the inContact platform. This is also achieved by demonstrating leadership behaviors consistent with inContact's 4E leadership model and mentoring and leading one or more groups within the engineering organization at various times as a model for how a top-performing leader should lead an organization.
In addition, the Director of Engineering will guide the evolution of inContact standards, tools and methodologies and help drive improved inContact technology standards and strategy. This position's primary responsibility is to lead the growth, quality, and efficiency of the DevOps Cloud Enablement Platform and Cloud Orchestration for software delivery. Engineering team while also developing team members into great leaders of behavior as well as results. The Director of Engineering is responsible for developing and managing the Engineering team and will be measured based on performance against short-term and long-term goals.
- Provides leadership in design, delivery, and support of inContact DevOps Enablement Platform and Orchestration
- Provides leadership in management and leadership behaviors, including senior-level communication skills and abilities consistent with the inContact 4E leadership model
- Develop programs, policies, and procedures that assure consistent and replicable development methods
- Create and monitor the set of policies that establish standard development languages, tools, and methodology; documentation practices; and examination procedures for developed systems to insure alignment with overall architecture.
- Participate in project scope, schedule and cost reviews.
- Understand product capabilities and limitations.
- Identify and implement ways to improve and promote quality and demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness.
- Establish working relationships with external technology vendors.
- Integrate customer requirements through the engineering effort for championing next generation products.
- Quickly gain an understanding of the company's technology and markets, establish self as a credible leader.
- Responsible for new product software development and quality.
- Maintenance of software/bug fixes.
- Release scheduling.
- Keeps abreast of new technologies and has demonstrated knowledge and experience in various technologies.
- Manage 3rd party consulting partners implementing products.
- Prepare and submit weekly project status reports; prepare monthly reports outlining team assignments and/or changes, project status changes, and forecasts project timelines.
- Provide leadership to individuals on team(s) through coaching, feedback, development goals, and performance management.
- Prioritize employee career development in an effort to grow inContact's internal pipeline of leadership talent
- Prioritize, assign and manage department activities and projects in accordance with the department's goals and objectives. Adjust hours of work, priorities and staff assignments to ensure efficient operation, based on workload.
- Responsible for recruiting, hiring and firing for the department.
Required Education, Experience, and Specific Job Related Skills
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Business Information Systems or related field or equivalent work experience required.
- Master's degree in Computer Science or Business Management preferred.
- Relevant certifications also preferred among other indications of someone who values continuing education.
- 4+ years experience building automation for DevOps Orchestration with AWS as the cloud provider
- 12+ years experience "living" with various operating systems, development tools, and development methodologies, including Java, C#, Scala, Python, NodeJS, among many modern horizontal scaling technologies available from AWS, Azure, Apache, among others.
- 8+ years of individual contributor software development experience.
- 6+ years management experience in a fast-growing software environment with proven ability to lead and engage co-located software development and QA teams working on multiple projects.
- Idea generation and creativity in this position are a must, as are the ability to work with deadlines, manage and complete projects on time and within budget.
- Proven ability to establish and drive processes and procedures with quantifiable metrics to measure the success and effectiveness of the development organization.
- Proven history of upgrading and exporting outstanding talent because of recognizable and practiced people leadership skills.
- Proven history of delivering on deadlines/releases without compromising quality.
- Proven history of successfully establishing and managing cost effective vendor resources.
- Mastery of engineering concepts and core technologies: development models, programming languages, databases, testing, and documentation.
- Development experience with Web Services and related technologies.
- Experience with Agile software development and SCRUM methodologies.
- Proven track record of delivering high quality software products.
- A solid engineering foundation indicated by a demonstrated understanding of product design, life cycle, software development practices, and support services. Understanding of standard engineering processes and software development methodologies.
- Experience coordinating the work and competences of software staff within functional project groups.
- Ability to work cross functionally and as a team with other executive committee members.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Communicate effectively with different business units about technology and processes using lay terms and descriptions.
- Experience building horizontally scalable solutions leveraging containers, microservices, AWS CICD pipelines, deployment orchestration, among other related technologies.
- Experience working with visual user experience and user interface design.
- Experience working with object-oriented software development, web services, web development or other similar technical products.
- Experience with telephony, networking, hosted applications, or other similar technical products.
- Telecommunications experience with IVR applications or telephony apps.
- Experience with user acceptance testing, regression testing and integration testing.
- Experience working on open source software projects for Apache and other great open source software organizations.
- Demonstrable experience training and leading teams as a great people leader.
ABOUT NICE inContact: NICE inContact makes it easy and affordable for organizations around the globe to provide exceptional customer experiences while meeting key business metrics. NICE inContact provides the world’s #1 cloud customer experience platform, NICE inContact CXone™, combining best-in-class Omnichannel Routing, Workforce Optimization, Analytics, Automation and Artificial Intelligence on an Open Cloud Foundation. NICE inContact is a part of NICE (Nasdaq: NICE), the worldwide leading provider of both cloud and on-premises enterprise software solutions.
NICE is committed to provide an environment based on equal opportunity for all qualified applicants and employees. It is the policy of NICE to afford equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals, regardless of age, race, color, creed, religion, citizenship, ancestry, national origin, sex, gender, pregnancy, mental or physical disability, marital status, veteran status, service in the Armed Forces, sexual or affectional orientation, atypical hereditary cellular or blood traits, genetic information, status as a victim of domestic or sexual violence, and/or any other status protected by any applicable federal, state and/or local statute or regulation.