IT Systems Architect
Location: Salt Lake City, UT or Remote, US
The IT Systems Architect is responsible for the design and implementation of high availability system deployments which will support Corporate IT initiatives and company growth. The IT Systems Architect must be able to gain a complete understanding of the business requirements, translate them into effective, testable, high availability designs and effectively deploy them to a production ready status. Duties will also include researching alternative design approaches and recommending new hardware or software based on analysis of emerging trends. They will work with the IT teams in varying capacities to ensure a stable and efficient working environment for NICE inContact employees. They will be responsible for creating and updating detailed architecture diagrams, Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and documentation for all Corporate IT systems.
As a Systems Architect, a Typical Day Might Include the Following:
- Acts as an internal consultant role across the enterprise providing architectural perspective and vision, in addition to deep analysis and problem-solving where needed.
- Identifies important potential technologies and approaches to address current and future needs within the enterprise, and evaluate their applicability and fit, as well as leading the definition of standards and best-practices for their use.
- Is able to provide hands-on application of technologies and processes to support proof-of-concept development, review of critical systems and training to other teams within the organization.
- May be required to function as a technical lead on projects of any size as necessary.
- Communicates detailed technical information in both written and verbal form across a wide range of audiences, including business stakeholders, users, developers, project management, and other architects.
- Collaborates with colleagues, customers, vendors, and other parties to understand and develop architectural solutions across the enterprise.
- Leads and/or facilitates the development of appropriate standards and best practices, in addition to the paths by which they may be achieved and monitored.
- Develops a sound understanding of existing systems and processes, their strengths and limitations, and the current and future needs of the environment in which they exist. Provides vision on how they may be improved and developed.
- Understands and explains the interactions between systems, applications, and services within the environment, and evaluates the impact of changes or additions to the environment.
- Participates in the evaluation and/or selection of solutions or products, including requirements definition, vendor and product evaluations.
- Acts as a local expert for areas of domain expertise.
- Acts as an escalation point for technical teams and provides hands on expertise.
- Applies strong analysis, research and problem-solving skills across a wide array of systems and situations, including those which may be unfamiliar, in order to address critical issues.
To Land This Gig You'll Need:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Business Information Systems, related field or equivalent work experience required.
- Microsoft, VMware and AWS certifications preferred.
- 10+ years in Windows Server Administration 10+ years installing, configuring and managing server hardware
- 7+ years managing and deploying Windows domains, Active Directory, DHCP, IIS and DNS
- 7+ years managing and deploying virtual environments
- 3+ years in managing cloud systems
- Experience successfully working under time constraints and deadlines
- Excellent knowledge of backup software and hardware
- Experience managing Storage and Storage Area Networks
- Solid foundation in Layer-2 and Layer-3 switching
- Excellent documentation skills, including Visio diagrams.
- Experience designing, deploying and managing HPE, Cisco UCS and Nutanix servers/solutions
- Experience designing, deploying and managing Pure Storage, NetApp and HPE 3par storage systems /solutions
- Experience designing, deploying and managing VMware software/solutions (vCenter, ESXi, NSX and SRM)
- Experience deploying and managing Single Sign On (SSO) applications (Azure AD and Okta)
- Experience deploying and managing F5 load balancers
- Experience deploying and managing various monitoring software and tools (SolarWinds, LogicMonitor, IPAM, etc.)
- Experience using centralized sever management software (SCCM, Ansible, Chef, etc.)
- Experience and extensive knowledge in scripting languages such as PowerShell and Bash
- Experience with application layer protocols, such as TCP/IP, UDP HTTP/S, and Web Sockets
ABOUT NICE inContact: NICE inContact makes it easy and affordable for organizations around the globe to provide exceptional customer experiences while meeting key business metrics. NICE inContact provides the world’s No. 1 cloud customer experience platform, NICE inContact CXone™, combining best-in-class Omnichannel Routing, Workforce Optimization, Analytics, Automation and Artificial Intelligence on an Open Cloud Foundation. NICE inContact is a part of NICE (Nasdaq: NICE), the worldwide leading provider of both cloud and on-premises enterprise software solutions.
NICE is committed to provide an environment based on equal opportunity for all qualified applicants and employees. It is the policy of NICE to afford equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals, regardless of age, race, color, creed, religion, citizenship, ancestry, national origin, sex, gender, pregnancy, mental or physical disability, marital status, veteran status, service in the Armed Forces, sexual or affectional orientation, atypical hereditary cellular or blood traits, genetic information, status as a victim of domestic or sexual violence, and/or any other status protected by any applicable federal, state and/or local statute or regulation.