Senior Azure Cloud Network Engineer
The Cloud Network Engineer is responsible for the inContact's public and private cloud network architecture and security.
This position evaluates current and emerging technologies, collaborating with DevOps and other business units within the company to set and ensure implementation of best practices. The Cloud Network Engineer will work with AWS, Azure, GCP and other cloud providers including inContact's private cloud environments.
This position requires strong experience with Cloud technologies; AWS, Azure and others along with proven knowledge in cloud specific networking, including VPC/VNET design, VPC/VNET peering, VPN Gateways, Cloud VPN, NAT Gateways, VGW, Cloud Load Balancers, Security Groups, Traffic Manager, Direct Peering, Direct connect/Cloud Interconnect/ ExpressRoute and other cloud related endpoints.
This position requires expert knowledge in all aspects of Networking, including but not limited to advance routing with BGP and OSPF, Firewalls and VPNs, Load Balancers, Ethernet switching, VoIP and MPLS technologies and many others. This position develops details design specifications and ensures the implementation follows and meets these standards. This position provides training to other team members, including mentoring other engineers. The Cloud Network Engineer serves as the final escalation point for Cloud related issues.
- Acts as an internal consultant role across multiple business units, representing the Network team.
- Research and evaluation of Cloud technologies, to address current and future needs.
- Establishment of repeatable design strategies and automation.
- CloudFormation updates using JSON/YMAL, Resource Manager, Deployment Manager
- Design review of fellow architect and engineer designs/implementation plans
- Escalation point for help in deep analysis and problem solving when needed
- May be required to function as a technical lead on projects of any size as necessary.
- Communicates detailed technical information in both written and verbal form across a wide range of audiences, including business stakeholders, users, developers, project management, and other engineers.
- Collaborates with colleagues, customers, vendors, and other parties to understand and develop architectural solutions
- Develops a sound understanding of existing systems and processes, their strengths and limitations, and the current and future needs of the environment in which they exist. Provides vision on how they may be improved and developed.
- Understands and explains the interactions between systems, applications, and services within the environment, and evaluates the impact of changes or additions to the environment.
- Participates in the evaluation and/or selection of solutions or products, including requirements definition, vendor and product evaluations.
- Acts as a local expert for areas of domain expertise.
- Performs other duties as required.
Required Education, Experience, and Specific Job Related Skills
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Business Information Systems or related field or equivalent work experience required.
- 5+ years work experience within an internetworking environment.
- Experience with Cloud technologies: AWS, Azure, GCP
- Experience dealing with Infrastructure as code
- Scripting experience with JSON/YMAL for CloudFormation
- Expert Level experience with Palo Alto and F5 load balancers
- Expert Level experience with network switching and routing
- Extensive knowledge of networking technologies, topologies, and protocols. (TCP/IP, BGP, OSPF, SNMP, Multicast, VRRP, HSRP, switching technologies)
- Expert-level understanding of internetworking technologies and tools, including TCP/IP, netflow/sflow, access-control lists, policy routing, firewalls, peering, and DNS
- Significant OSPF and BGP design, implementation, and troubleshooting experience
- Experience with MPLS environments
- Experience with Authentication services such as TACACS+, RADIUS, and RSA SecurID
- Working knowledge of IPV6
- Intermediate Visio skills
- Working knowledge of SIP
- Experience working with Management Systems and SNMP
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills along with prior experience in a dynamic, project-oriented team environment.
- A demonstrated history of learning new technologies and adapting them to solve complex problems
- Must pay strong attention to detail and have good organizational skills.
- Experience in Layer-4 through Layer-7 switching environments
- Experience with hardware load balancing – ServerIron/ADX, GSLB, SSL termination
- Network scripting languages
- Experience with Terraform
NICE is committed to provide an environment based on equal opportunity for all qualified applicants and employees. It is the policy of NICE to afford equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals, regardless of age, race, color, creed, religion, citizenship, ancestry, national origin, sex, gender, pregnancy, mental or physical disability, marital status, veteran status, service in the Armed Forces, sexual or affectional orientation, atypical hereditary cellular or blood traits, genetic information, status as a victim of domestic or sexual violence, and/or any other status protected by any applicable federal, state and/or local statute or regulation.