Principal Voice Engineer
Principal Voice Engineer
Location: Salt Lake City, UT or RemoteThe Principal Voice Engineer is responsible for the design and implementation of the NICE CXone's Voice infrastructure which includes Softphone/Hardphones, WebRTC, SIP PEER's and TDM services into Production environments. This position evaluates designs and technologies and manages the transition from design to production readiness. In addition, the Principal Voice Engineer raises technical issues when implementing design and provides necessary recommendations to the Architecture & Operations teams. This position develops detailed implementation/project plans for Voice infrastructure including space, power, cabling requirements. They will also document designs according to company and departmental standards and develop detailed support documentation for use by operational and maintenance organizations. This position will provide mentorship and training to Voice Engineer as needed.
- Least cost routing architecture
- VBR Routing
- CLK routing
- RLR routing
- Provide hands-on application of technologies and processes to support proof-of-concept development, review of critical systems.
- Function as technical lead on Voice infrastructure-related projects.
- Collaborate with colleagues, customers, vendors, and other parties to understand and develop solutions across the enterprise.
- Lead and/or facilitates the development of appropriate standards and best practices, in addition to the paths by which they may be achieved and monitored.
- Act as an escalation point to Voice Engineer and Voice Operations.
- Provisions and maintains Carrier connections
- Performs routine maintenance and grooming of voice network infrastructure
- Collaborate with all aspects of the IT organization to resolve escalated issues
- Configure and optimize secure telephone systems, including multi-vendor telecommunications and networking products to include all voice switches and data network hardware at the intermediate and/or expert level
- Complex voice translation and design
- Disaster recovery implementation and planning
- Voice network upgrade, implementation, expansion
- Designs, reviews, analyzes, evaluates and maintains CXone's voice network
- Develops, tests and implements telecommunication solutions
- Monitors and response to network troubles, outages, and events
- Must be able to support a flexible schedule and on-call services
- May be required to work nights, evenings and weekends
- Must be able to function in a high-stress environment
- Willing to travel
- Perform both oral and written knowledge transfer and training to technical team members, and other stakeholders
- Follow the company Code of Ethics and inContact policies and procedures at all times.
- Communicate in an effective and professional way with customers in and outside of CXone
This organization reserves the right to revise or change job duties as the need arises. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
Required Education, Experience, and Specific Job Related Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Business Information Systems or related field or equivalent work experience required
- 8+ years experience in telecommunications
- T1, DS3, OC3, OC12 install and test
- Telecommunications wiring
- Telecommunication switch/PBX programming
- Advanced knowledge of VOIP/SIP
- Advanced level experience with IP administration and management
- Advanced level experience with administration and management for at least 2 technology vendors such as: Sonus, Lucent, Acme Packet, Cisco, Edgewater, Broadsoft
- Knowledge of Windows OS and computer architecture
- Command level knowledge of UNIX & Linux OS and architecture
- Working knowledge of TCP/IP, Routers, Switches, Hubs, Firewalls, Domains, DNS, DHCP, and Subnetting
- Experience with a structured Trouble Ticket system such as Remedy or RNT
- Least cost routing network architecture
- Help Desk or Technical Customer support
- Expert knowledge at MS Excel
- Knowledge of SBCs and their role in architecture
- Proven track record of excellent communications
- Experience with Network Sniffer Technologies and Capture Tools
- Experience with Network Monitoring/Management systems
- Experience with mentoring other engineers
- UNIX & Linux administration
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office
- Sonus accreditation
- CCNA - Routing & Switching
- CCNA - Voice
- Knowledge of Polycom systems
- Ability to script or automate repetitive processes
- Experience with services such as L2VPN, L3VPN, and VPLS preferred
ABOUT NICE CXone: NICE CXone makes it easy and affordable for organizations around the globe to provide exceptional customer experiences while meeting key business metrics. NICE CXone provides the world’s #1 cloud customer experience platform, NICE CXone CXone™, combining best-in-class Omnichannel Routing, Workforce Optimization, Analytics, Automation and Artificial Intelligence on an Open Cloud Foundation. NICE CXone is a part of NICE (Nasdaq: NICE), the worldwide leading provider of both cloud and on-premises enterprise software solutions.
NICE is committed to provide an environment based on equal opportunity for all qualified applicants and employees. It is the policy of NICE to afford equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals, regardless of age, race, color, creed, religion, citizenship, ancestry, national origin, sex, gender, pregnancy, mental or physical disability, marital status, veteran status, service in the Armed Forces, sexual or affectional orientation, atypical hereditary cellular or blood traits, genetic information, status as a victim of domestic or sexual violence, and/or any other status protected by any applicable federal, state and/or local statute or regulation.