Manager Engineering - DevOps
Manager EngineeringThe Manager of Engineering has a focus on DevOps Enablement. We are seeking an energetic, passionate software leader who thrives on successfully building DevOps automation and best practices to facilitate releasing products to the market. This goal is achieved by demonstrating leadership behaviors consistent with inContact's 4E leadership model. In addition,the Manager of DevOps Enablement Engineering will participate in the evolution of inContact standards, tools and methodologies and support improved inContact technology standards and strategy. The primary responsibility of this position is to lead the growth, quality and efficiency of the DevOps Enablement Engineering team while also developing team members into great leaders of behavior as well as results. The Manager of Engineering is responsible for developing and managing an Engineering team, and will be measured based on performance against both short term and long term goals.
Location: Salt Lake City, UT
- Ensure proper levels of staffing to accomplish corporate goals with minimal overhead
- Tracking and reporting software capitalization
- Ensure standards and practices used by Engineers are industry best practice and meet security and compliance needs of the company
- Ensure that Engineers do not infringe on patents or trademarks
- Provides leadership in DevOps Enablement design, delivery, and support of inContact software and platforms
- Provides leadership in management and leadership behaviors including senior level communication skills and abilities consistent with the inContact 4E leadership model
- Govern programs, policies and procedures that assure consistent and replicable DevOps development methods
- Govern the set of policies that establish standard development languages, tools, and methodology; documentation practices; and examination procedures for developed systems to insure alignment with overall architecture.
- Participate in project scope, schedule and cost reviews.
- Understand product capabilities and limitations.
- Identify and implement ways to improve and promote quality and demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness through CICD pipeline design.
- Responsible for providing DevOps automation and tooling for new product software development and quality.
- Maintenance of software/bug fixes for DevOps tooling and automation.
- Release scheduling.
- Keeps abreast of new DevOps approaches, technologies and has demonstrated knowledge and experience in various DevOps technologies.
- Prepare and submit weekly project status reports; prepare monthly reports outlining team assignments and/or changes, project status changes, and forecasts project timelines.
- Provide leadership to individuals on team(s) through coaching, feedback, development goals, and performance management.
- Prioritize employee career development in an effort to grow inContact’s internal pipeline of leadership talent
- Prioritize, assign and manage department activities and projects in accordance with the department's goals and objectives.
- Adjust hours of work, priorities and staff assignments to ensure efficient operation, based on workload.
- Follow the company Code of Ethics and inContact policies and procedures at all times.
- Communicate in an effective and professional way with customers in and outside of inContact.
This organization reserves the right to revise or change job duties as the need arises. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
Required Education, Experience, and Specific Job Related Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Business Information Systems or related field or equivalent work experience required.
- Master’s degree in Computer Science or Business Management preferred.
- Relevant certifications also preferred among other indications of someone who values continuing education.
- 8+ years of individual contributor software development experience.
- 4+ years leading a DevOps team
- 8+ years experience "living" with various operating systems, development tools and development methodologies including Java, C#, Scala, Python, NodeJS among many modern horizontal scaling technologies available from AWS, Azure, Apache among others.
- Idea generation and creativity in this position are a must, as are the ability to work with deadlines, manage and complete projects on time and within budget.
- Proven history of delivering on deadlines/releases without compromising quality.
- Mastery of engineering concepts and core technologies: development models, programming languages, databases, testing, and documentation.
- Development experience with Web Services and related technologies.
- Experience with Agile software development and SCRUM methodologies.
- Proven track record of delivering high quality software products.
- A solid engineering foundation indicated by a demonstrated understanding of product design, life cycle, software development practices, and support services. Understanding of standard engineering processes and software development methodologies.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience building horizontally scalable solutions leveraging containers, microservices, Big Data technologies among other related technologies.
- Experience leading DevOps teams building automation for CICD pipelines for AWS PaaS components.
- Experience working with graphical user experience and user interface design.*
- Experience working with object-oriented software development, web services, web development or other similar technical products.
- Experience with telephony, networking, hosted applications, or other similar technical products.
- Telecommunications experience with IVR applications or telephony apps.
- Experience with user acceptance testing, regression testing and integration testing.
- Experience working on open source software projects for Apache and other great open source software organizations.
- Demonstrable experience training and leading teams as a great people leader.
ABOUT NICE inContact: NICE inContact makes it easy and affordable for organizations around the globe to provide exceptional customer experiences while meeting key business metrics. NICE inContact provides the world’s #1 cloud customer experience platform, NICE inContact CXone™, combining best-in-class Omnichannel Routing, Workforce Optimization, Analytics, Automation and Artificial Intelligence on an Open Cloud Foundation. NICE inContact is a part of NICE (Nasdaq: NICE), the worldwide leading provider of both cloud and on-premises enterprise software solutions.
NICE is committed to provide an environment based on equal opportunity for all qualified applicants and employees. It is the policy of NICE to afford equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals, regardless of age, race, color, creed, religion, citizenship, ancestry, national origin, sex, gender, pregnancy, mental or physical disability, marital status, veteran status, service in the Armed Forces, sexual or affectional orientation, atypical hereditary cellular or blood traits, genetic information, status as a victim of domestic or sexual violence, and/or any other status protected by any applicable federal, state and/or local statute or regulation.