Location: Salt Lake City, UT
NICE inContact is seeking an outstanding UX Engineer to enhance and accelerate the NICE inContact Demo and Sales cycle. You should have demonstrable experience building well-architected and accessible components for a Design System, leveraging web standards and accessible code to find simple and elegant solutions to complex problems.
As a UX Engineer, you will work on the front end of our products in a challenging, fast-paced environment, helping to bridge UX best practices and production execution. You will demonstrate your creativity, analytical skills, and knowledge of user facing technologies to enable efficient, high quality execution and communications and launch innovative features to a global audience.
User experience is at the forefront of how we create intuitive, innovative, and beautiful products that people love. We strive to learn and understand our users’ needs, behaviors, and emotions to gather insights that inform product strategy and design. Our UX teams include designers, researchers, content strategists, and engineers who are passionate about quality, usability, and simplicity. We work on collaborative teams to solve complex challenges and craft experiences that highlight our products’ unique capabilities and personalities. Our work touches billions while exemplifying a key principle that is core to NICE inContact’s philosophy: “Focus on the user and all else will follow.”
The Product Design Team focuses on web-based digital experiences for both consumer- and enterprise-level applications for a global audience. In this role, you will be collaborating with product, design, engineering, sales, and marketing teams to gather requirements, and ultimately deliver demos to be used company wide.
You should be able to research and distill simple, elegant solutions that match the overall design aesthetic of existing software in our portfolio. Rapid prototyping, iteration and attention to detail will be critical to success in this role.
UX Engineers are versatile and passionate about taking on new problems to push technology forward. They are comfortable wearing many hats and get excited about working across discipline lines to develop products used by millions of people every day. You have a passion for user experience, accessibility and improving the developer experience.
We care deeply about the people who use our products. The UX team plays an integral part in gathering insights about the attitudes, emotions, and behaviors of people who use our products to inspire and inform design. We collaborate closely with each other and with engineering and product management to create industry-leading products that deliver value for the people who use them.
- Rapidly prototype and test new designs, usability tests and future features
- Help define the pattern backlog, prioritizing elements with the most opportunity for reuse.
- Collaborate with product, design and other engineers to build design patterns and components that evolve and improve the system thereby providing a faster speed to market for engineers across the company.
- Write and maintain unit and visual regression tests.
- Write clear and detailed documentation to facilitate ease of use and adoption of the Design System.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, HCI, Design, or equivalent practical experience.
- Working Knowledge of .NET and Angular
- Experience in designing and implementing user interfaces (UIs).
- Experience in development or prototyping.
- You have 4+ years of demonstrated professional experience implementing Design Systems, and/or building complex frontend applications.
- Experience with appealing visuals and smart, extensible code.
- You are comfortable with the latest JS Dom specs including ES6, custom elements, shadow DOM, and HTML Templating.
- You have experience in one or more frontend frameworks (Angular, Vue, React, etc.).
- You have expertise producing high-quality, scalable, responsive UI components with an eye for modularity and loose coupling.
- You keep up on the latest tips, tricks, and what is possible in a browser and drive to promote industry best practices in all contexts.
ABOUT NICE inContact: NICE inContact makes it easy and affordable for organizations around the globe to create stand-out customer experiences while meeting key business metrics. NICE inContact continuously innovates and is the only provider to offer a complete customer interaction platform in the cloud that is flexible, scalable and reliable for enterprise, small business, government and business process outsourcers. NICE inContact is a part of NICE (Nasdaq: NICE), the worldwide leading provider of both cloud and on-premises enterprise software solutions.
NICE is committed to provide an environment based on equal opportunity for all qualified applicants and employees. It is the policy of NICE to afford equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals, regardless of age, race, color, creed, religion, citizenship, ancestry, national origin, sex, gender, pregnancy, mental or physical disability, marital status, veteran status, service in the Armed Forces, sexual or affectional orientation, atypical hereditary cellular or blood traits, genetic information, status as a victim of domestic or sexual violence, and/or any other status protected by any applicable federal, state and/or local statute or regulation.