Technical Account Manager II
Technical Account Manager II
Location: Taguig City, Philippines
After key inContact customers have purchased and are implementing our products, the Technical Account Management (TAM) team takes ownership of the customer relationship and becomes their advocate within inContact. The Technical Account Manager (TAM) begins to engage with the customer before they go live on the contact center platform, and works closely with the customer from that point forward to ensure their success.
Our TAMs are seasoned account management and technical resolution professionals who are at the top of their field and are unified in exceeding customer expectations, improving our processes and technology, and meeting company growth objectives. The TAM 2 is a very experienced TAM, responsible for resolving complex problems and providing excellent technical and customer service to specific key accounts. He/she will help them overcome issues that arise, succeed in their business using our technology and services, expand their usage of our products, be a reference to prospective customers, and be a long-term and loyal customer. The accounts assigned may include any of our paid service packages, where the services of an experienced TAM are expected. TAM 2s are generally assigned customers with a top-level service package, have high complexity, are high-touch, or are enterprise-level.
Interaction with customers will be done via phone, email, chat and WebEx, with face to face meetings as necessary and/or appropriate. Travel is more frequent than with other TAMs due to the higher level customers being served and the increased services offered with higher level service packages. The TAM 2 will work both independently and in concert with Sales, Technical Support, Professional Services and other teams to ensure the highest levels of customer success, providing a collaborative solution that will leave the customer with a positive experience and a product that meets their needs.
As a Technical Account Manager II, a Typical Day Might Include the Following:
- Work largely during the customers' core business hours, with occasional extended hours as needed
- Occasional on-call after-hours work may be required as needed by the customer
- As their account management professional, be the assigned accounts' single point of contact to our company, and engage resources across several teams as needed to resolve their issues and requests
- Develop and maintain an effective and productive relationship with assigned accounts, hold regular discussions to review open issues, understand their contact center and business, know how inContact's solutions meet their needs, share best practices, determine ways to increase their success, and become their trusted partner and advisor
- Excellent triage and troubleshooting skills, teaching peers those same skills to improve their success
- Personally resolve as many customer issues as possible while scheduling time for proactive activities
- Partnering with other inContact employees and teams (technical support, professional services, product management, engineering, etc.), ensure that all technical challenges and other issues/cases/requests are being handled properly, are within SLA targets, and are progressing toward resolution
- Demonstrate superior in depth knowledge of inContact products and associated technologies, especially those employed by assigned accounts
- Demonstrate subject matter expertise in one or more technical areas
- Demonstrate expertise and maintain currency in telecommunications, contact center, and related technologies
- Gain a deep understanding of each customer's environment, identify customer needs, propose solutions that will accelerate their success
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of competitive product lines, differentiators and industry trends through self-education and inContact's resources
- Develop and present customized presentations to assigned accounts that both quantify and qualify product/service usage, realized benefits, achievements, opportunities and next steps
- Provide training to accounts to ensure that they get the most out of their inContact investment
- Capture common questions, techniques and best practices in daily workflow, sharing that information by regularly creating and improving knowledgebase content
- Provide coaching to peers and demonstrate consistent and high-value participation in knowledge creation and improvement
- Ensure that all communication, interactions, assignments, details and actions are clear, effective, timely (within established SLA), and are logged into the CRM system
- Appropriately contribute to and take charge of meetings, calls and other discussions to convey ownership, organization, progress and direction
- Consistently and regularly update customer and account information, keeping it current in the CRM system
- Tactfully, confidently and professionally communicate with all stakeholders, especially in emotionally-charged and escalated situations, bringing people together with the common goal of resolving issues and accelerating the customer's success.
- Communicate and work with customers in a way that they do not escalate and are confident that their issues and concerns are being properly represented and handled by inContact
- Assist the team by taking ownership of escalations in your area of expertise, exemplifying the effective handling of difficult situations
- Develop and drive business cases that outline problems, impacts, proposed solutions and outcomes that help inContact improve our performance and success
- Make and meet all commitments, building trust with customers and help others to do the same
- Present a professional image in communication, conduct, attitude and attire
- Demonstrates professionalism and leadership with customers, and helps peers to develop the same level of expertise
- Accountable for all actions, and tactfully reinforce accountability across all employees and teams in the company for delivering to OLA and SLA. Professionally and tactfully teaches proper process and methods that ensure customer service excellence
- Assist assigned customers in preparation for go-live, and build confidence with them as they begin using our products in a live environment
- Responsible for customer satisfaction, retention and referenceability for all assigned account
- Participate in team goal achievement and set personal goals that increase effectiveness and success
- Identify opportunities to improve or modify products and services to improve customer effectiveness and experience, and recommend those improvements through proper channels, driving product/services enhancements and development
- Employs an assertive yet positive attitude in working with others to improve process issues that cause inefficiency, risk, missed targets, and frustration.
- Add value to the company by participating in projects, tasks and initiatives that improve process, methods, tactics and success within the team and across inContact. Participation in these things does not detract from the service, value, and outcomes provided to assigned accounts
- Mentor Associate TAMs and other peers as appropriate toward increased success
- Provide technical and process training to others based on skills and expertise, which training improves others' effectiveness and efficiency
- Successful at turning struggling accounts into successful accounts
- Manage and document certain inContact technical projects with each assigned account to ensure that they are successful
- Occasional travel (up to 25%) required, visiting customer sites
- Perform other tasks and duties as assigned or needed
- Follow the company Code of Ethics and inContact policies and procedures at all times.
- Communicate in an effective and professional way with customers in and outside of inContact.
To Land This Gig You'll Need:
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Business Information Systems or similar field or equivalent work experience required.
- 6+ years in a Technical/Service role in software, telecommunications or in customer service, call/contact center and/or service delivery
- Demonstrated technical problem solving proficiency
- Excellent analytical and advanced troubleshooting skills with end-users/customers
- Excellent customer service and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to multitask and work well in a fast-paced environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Able to work with little supervision and complete projects
- Working technical knowledge of contact center software/design/functionality
- Demonstrated experience in a fast paced environment and meeting customer time constraints
- Implementation: broad skills in both technology & analysis; experience in communicating at a technical and functional level while managing business rapport.
- TCP/IP networking knowledge and VoIP technology exposure
- Comprehensive knowledge of TCP/IP, telecom circuits from DS0 through OC-48
- Understanding of network topology and telecommunications architecture (PBX, Carriers and VoIP)
- Understanding of basic scripting fundamentals
- Solid understanding of TCP/IP and internet fundamentals
- Extensive software, telecommunications and IP Telephony
- Experience using SIP signalling
- Competent in database and SQL concepts and scripting
- Analytical, inquisitive, service & team-oriented, friendly demeanor, early adopter.
ABOUT NICE inContact: NICE inContact makes it easy and affordable for organizations around the globe to provide exceptional customer experiences while meeting key business metrics. NICE inContact provides the world’s No. 1 cloud customer experience platform, NICE inContact CXone™, combining best-in-class Omnichannel Routing, Workforce Optimization, Analytics, Automation and Artificial Intelligence on an Open Cloud Foundation. NICE inContact is a part of NICE (Nasdaq: NICE), the worldwide leading provider of both cloud and on-premises enterprise software solutions
NICE is committed to provide an environment based on equal opportunity for all qualified applicants and employees. It is the policy of NICE to afford equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals, regardless of age, race, color, creed, religion, citizenship, ancestry, national origin, sex, gender, pregnancy, mental or physical disability, marital status, veteran status, service in the Armed Forces, sexual or affectional orientation, atypical hereditary cellular or blood traits, genetic information, status as a victim of domestic or sexual violence, and/or any other status protected by any applicable federal, state and/or local statute or regulation.