Location: Salt Lake City, UT
The Contracts Counsel is responsible for negotiations of favorable terms, pricing, and conditions of contracts. Serve as subject matter expert in the area of contract negotiation. Draft contracts and review customer or business partner contract language for appropriateness and compliance with organizational policies and governmental regulations. This position also provides advice and counsel regarding legal requirements, best practices, and strategies for managing risk in order to avoid litigation.
As a Contracts Counsel, a Typical Day Might Include the Following:
- Review and administer contracts.
- Analyze and assist in contract negotiations and manage approval process.
- Communicate with internal departments to coordinate contract reviews and approvals.
- Analyze change requests to existing contracts and approve changes or revisions.
- Draft contract language.
- Ensure that contract provisions are clear and conform to company policies, contract law and applicable regulations.
- Identify and report potential risk associated with customer facing contracts.
- Assist in assessment of customer and corporate risk.
- Obtaining appropriate signature for all contracts.
- Draft ad hoc contracts and agreements utilized by the company (except Human Resource documents)
- Coordinate with Corporate Counsel in all litigation matters & trademark filings.
To Land This Gig You'll Need:
- Juris Doctorate Degree
- 5-8 years post graduate experience in contract negotiation.
- Experience in reviewing, drafting, and tracking contracts
- Ability to identify problems and engage others towards solution
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Analytical skills are a must
- 3-5 years in negotiation of information technology sales, supplier and business partner agreements.
- Experience with privacy regulation including GDPR
- Experience handling dispute resolution with customers and vendors
- Previous sales experience
ABOUT NICE inContact: NICE inContact makes it easy and affordable for organizations around the globe to provide exceptional customer experiences while meeting key business metrics. NICE inContact provides the world’s #1 cloud customer experience platform, NICE inContact CXone™, combining best-in-class Omnichannel Routing, Workforce Optimization, Analytics, Automation and Artificial Intelligence on an Open Cloud Foundation. NICE inContact is a part of NICE (Nasdaq: NICE), the worldwide leading provider of both cloud and on-premises enterprise software solutions.
NICE is committed to provide an environment based on equal opportunity for all qualified applicants and employees. It is the policy of NICE to afford equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals, regardless of age, race, color, creed, religion, citizenship, ancestry, national origin, sex, gender, pregnancy, mental or physical disability, marital status, veteran status, service in the Armed Forces, sexual or affectional orientation, atypical hereditary cellular or blood traits, genetic information, status as a victim of domestic or sexual violence, and/or any other status protected by any applicable federal, state and/or local statute or regulation.