Lead QA Engineer
Lead QA Engineer
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
The Lead QA Engineer is responsible for evaluating the overall quality of our products by developing test plans and scripts to validate product functionality and performance. As an integral contributor to our Agile development teams, the Principal QA Engineer designs and executes both manual and automated test cases to ensure the highest level of quality and timely deliveries to the CXone platform. Throughout the project lifecycle this individual will clearly outline the current state of the product and project by communicating all risks to the team. Ultimately, this engineer is experienced enough to drive defect prevention not just defect discovery. They are also an outspoken advocate for and enabler of product quality.
- Properly record and track projects for capitalization.
- Reduce liability to the company by:
- Ensuring new development is in compliance with regulatory and financial best practices
- Ensuring accuracy of data and reporting
- Ensuring security measures are created and maintained with new products which may house private information
- Identify tools and help budget for their use throughout the organization
- Plan and execute resource planning, team structuring and projects
- Be passionate about quality and driven to accomplish the company's goals.
- Develop and execute a complete test strategy for assigned products and features including verification of functional, performance, security and scalability requirements
- Mentor other QA and lead multiple teams in the selection and execution of their test strategy
- Streamline and improve the testing life cycle and process.
- Conduct research on emerging technologies and tools
- Design and offer guidance for teams to facilitate test plans and test cases based on business requirements and functional specifications.
- Communicate QA results, risks and project status to management team as well as other stake holders
- Follow and execute on team-specified "done" criteria for testing features
- Continuously streamline and improve the testing life cycle to ensure test planning, execution, and reporting are effective, agile, and coordinated
- Interact closely with developers offering suggestions and ideas for improving the quality of products
- Analyze testing results to enhance future test plans and scenarios. (Including metrics and benchmarks to gauge improvement)
- Pro-active investigation/verification of production defects and continuous improvement of regression tests
- Create automated testing scripts as required
- Create QA tasks and monitor individual burndowns to ensure completion
- Become a subject matter expert with multiple CXone product(s)
- Promote and evangelize quality assurance best practices internally and externally at conferences and other industry events
- Be a strong leader within the organization
- Follow the company Code of Ethics and CXone policies and procedures at all times.
- Communicate in an effective and professional way.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive, and employee will also perform other reasonable related business duties as assigned by immediate supervisor and other management as required.
This organization reserves the right to revise or change job duties as the need arises. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
Required Education, Experience, and Specific Job Related Skills
- BS in Computer Science, or equivalent work experience
- Strong knowledge of QA practices and policies
- 10+ years of experience in software testing and quality assurance
- 2+ years of experience with testing tools
- 2+ years of experience writing SQL statements
- 4+ years of demonstrated prior experience in a QA project leadership role
- Ability to script automated tests as opposed to only using record/playback functionality
- Experience testing web & API services
- Thorough understanding of the following types of testing: Functional, Usability, Load, Stress, Integration, Data validation, Performance, Automated testing, and Regression
- Possess strong organizational and time management skills
- Possess strong communication & decision-making skills
- DevOps experience
- CI/CD experience
- Experience with Telecommunications
- Experience with VoIP Technology
- Ability to work independently and self-manage projects
- 4+ year programming or scripting experience
- Experience with call server technologies
- Cloud experience, AWS preferred
ABOUT NICE CXone: NICE CXone makes it easy and affordable for organizations around the globe to provide exceptional customer experiences while meeting key business metrics. NICE CXone provides the world’s #1 cloud customer experience platform, NICE CXone™, combining best-in-class Omnichannel Routing, Workforce Optimization, Analytics, Automation and Artificial Intelligence on an Open Cloud Foundation. NICE CXone is a part of NICE (Nasdaq: NICE), the worldwide leading provider of both cloud and on-premises enterprise software solutions.
NICE is committed to provide an environment based on equal opportunity for all qualified applicants and employees. It is the policy of NICE to afford equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals, regardless of age, race, color, creed, religion, citizenship, ancestry, national origin, sex, gender, pregnancy, mental or physical disability, marital status, veteran status, service in the Armed Forces, sexual or affectional orientation, atypical hereditary cellular or blood traits, genetic information, status as a victim of domestic or sexual violence, and/or any other status protected by any applicable federal, state and/or local statute or regulation.