Vendor Services Buyer
Vendor Services Buyer
Location: Salt Lake City, UT
Vendor Services Buyer is charged with evaluating and monitoring the day-to-day customer/vendor interactions including service, performance, cost-savings and value. Candidate will coordinate many moving projects or operations simultaneously. The Vendor Services Buyer also works within the Vendor Services team to build and strengthen relationships within our internal and external organizations.
- Responsible for processing the purchasing of supplies and services throughout the organization.
- Issue requests for quotes/proposals (RFQ/RFP) and recommends the best source consistent with cost, quality and delivery requirements
- Process daily purchase requisition and orders:
- Process purchase requisitions, perform required research, order materials/ and services, create purchase order in the Oracle system
- Research, evaluate market value and negotiate pricing and terms with suppliers
- Follow up on orders:
- Follow up on availability and shipping of all outgoing purchases
- Inform initiators about delays or changes in order due dates
- Continuously looks for opportunities to achieve cost savings in all procurement activities
- Work closely with the Vendor Services Manager and internal departments to obtain an in-depth understanding of the needs and consequently negotiate an appropriate agreement with suppliers
- Provide a professional level of communication and service to all internal departments and external vendors
- As requested, strategically source new vendors domestically and internationally
- Maintain and establish vendor relationships
- Produce reports, presentations and charts for analysis
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing other job elated tasks as needed; enabling other workers to achieve their job objectives
- Maintain vendor database for support and rapid accessibility for authorized stakeholders
Required Education, Experience, and Specific Job Related Skills
- BA or BS in Procurement, Business Administration or related field, or equivalent work experience
- 4+ years' experience as a Buyer in a medium to large sized company, in Procurement technology domain – software, computer hardware, Cloud, Telecom, etc
- Strong understanding of business operations
- Experience in vendor assessment and evaluation
- Experience interacting with different cultures and geographies
- Strong computer literacy – MS Suite and Oracle experience a plus
- Excellent organizational skills – strong attention to detail
- Strong negotiation skills. Excellent oral and written communication skills. Demonstrated presentation skills
- Commitment and dedication to accuracy and customer satisfaction
- Non-English language expertise a plus
ABOUT NICE CXone: With NICE, it’s never been easier for organizations of all sizes around the globe to create extraordinary customer experiences while meeting key business metrics. Featuring the world’s #1 cloud native customer experience platform, CXone, we’re a worldwide leader in AI-powered contact center software. Over 25,000 organizations in more than 150 countries, including over 85 of the Fortune 100 companies, partner with NICE to transform—and elevate—every customer interaction.
NICE is committed to provide an environment based on equal opportunity for all qualified applicants and employees. It is the policy of NICE to afford equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals, regardless of age, race, color, creed, religion, citizenship, ancestry, national origin, sex, gender, pregnancy, mental or physical disability, marital status, veteran status, service in the Armed Forces, sexual or affectional orientation, atypical hereditary cellular or blood traits, genetic information, status as a victim of domestic or sexual violence, and/or any other status protected by any applicable federal, state and/or local statute or regulation.