Application Operations Engineer II
Application Operations Engineer II
Location: Salt Lake City, UTThe Application Operations Engineer II works as an operational resource for a specific software application or suite of applications. This includes providing mid-level and escalation support for other groups and working to resolve production issues in conjunction with development, operational, and architectural resources
- Properly record and track projects for capitalization
- Reduce liability to the company by:
- Ensure operational best practices are executed
- Ensure accuracy of data and reporting
- Provide material support for production issues which cannot be resolved by lower level support resources.
- Communicate solutions effectively to technical and non-technical peers and customers to improve capabilities of lower level support resources.
- Works on one or more base work initiatives.
- May participate in planning short term efforts.
- Supports multiple systems or applications of medium to high complexity.
- Identify operational problems by observing and studying system function and performance.
- May participate in contributing to process and automation improvements by working with appropriate resources.
- Follow established processes when performing work or help document and create processes as necessary.
- Document troubleshooting steps and results in appropriate locations for historical access.
- Handle new turn up requests and assist implementation in bringing new customers on board.
- Identify options for automation and work with appropriate peers to implement automation.
- Perform routine maintenance activity to ensure applications function properly.
- Identify potential application defects and work with developers to document and resolve such issues.
- Work with architectural and development resources to ensure proper support levels are available during and post updates.
- Provide on call support for high priority incidents.
- Follow the company Code of Ethics and inContact policies and procedures at all times.
- Communicate in an effective and professional way with customers in and outside of inContact.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Business Information Systems or related field or equivalent work experience is required
- Can effectively troubleshoot supported applications effectively.
- Can work on complex issues which may span multiple applications or environments.
- Proactively engages with peers to discuss issues and keep stakeholders updated.
- Service-oriented; ability to work on behalf of peers in services and development.
- Mentors co-workers with expertise
- Coordinates work with peers
- Shares discoveries and best practices
- Learns from others within the team
- Self-Driven. Proactively looks for ways to improve systems and processes
- Able to work with little supervision and complete tasks and projects as directed.
- 4+ years of experience working within application or software support.
- 2+ years of experience working within public or private cloud environments.
- 2+ years of experience working in a Windows based environment including both production and personal systems.
- 4+ years communicating in English in a technical field.
- Experience working with WFO related software (WFM, QM, Etc…)
- Experience with SQL utilization, queries, etc…
- Experience working with call centers and call center infrastructure.
- Experience working with international customer base.
NICE is committed to provide an environment based on equal opportunity for all qualified applicants and employees. It is the policy of NICE to afford equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals, regardless of age, race, color, creed, religion, citizenship, ancestry, national origin, sex, gender, pregnancy, mental or physical disability, marital status, veteran status, service in the Armed Forces, sexual or affectional orientation, atypical hereditary cellular or blood traits, genetic information, status as a victim of domestic or sexual violence, and/or any other status protected by any applicable federal, state and/or local statute or regulation.