Market and Competitive Intelligence Manager
Manager, Market & Competitive Intelligence
Location: Salt Lake City, UT or Remote
The Manager of Market & Competitive Intelligence keeps a pulse on market trends, industry dynamics and key competitors by developing proactive and on-demand deliverables that deliver timely, actionable insights and recommendations to help sales win more deals and help the product team maintain market leadership. This position requires close interaction with all business units across corporation. The Manager of Market & Competitive Intelligence will need to research, analyze, and communicate both technical product differentiators and competitive sales tactics. Most importantly, he or she is scrappy and passionate about getting the right tools and information into the hands of their teammates that will help them win.
As a Manager of Market & Competitive Intelligence, a Typical Day Might Include the Following:
- Primary and secondary research to uncover the latest and greatest product releases, marketing messages, and go-to-market strategy of our main competitors
- Monitor competitor activities including pricing, go-to-market strategies, and product direction
- Provide timely, actionable, fact-based intelligence and insight that align with objectives, goals and business decisions
- Conduct market sizing/opportunity analysis to identify new growth markets and segments
- Monitor and analyze key market trends through regular engagement with industry analysts, customers, and other influential thought leaders
- Develop mechanisms to deliver qualitative and quantitative information, including comparison grids, competitive profiles/snapshots, and dashboards
- Support product launch process from release planning through sales enablement by identifying differentiators and gaps relative to top competitors
- Create programmatic competitive briefing materials to ensure all key constituents understand how to effectively position and win against key players in the market
- Provide competitive intelligence rapid response capabilities to assist sales in active deals
- Synthesize win/loss data and internal/external competitive insights to recommend prioritized cross-functional actions to improve win rates with target customers
To Land This Gig You'll Need:
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Management, Marketing or related field or equivalent work experience required. Master's Degree Business or Marketing preferred.
- 3+ years’ experience in the CCaaS industry working as a Product Marketing Manager, Sales Engineer, or Competitive Intelligence roll.
- Highly analytical
- Strong communicator
- Able to take customer, competitor and market insights and weave them into critical business-to-business (B2B) sales/marketing/product deliverables (e.g. battle cards, launch plans, market analyses, requirements documents, customer-facing competitive collateral)
- Sales enablement, ideally supporting the Customer Centric Selling methodology
- Strong business acumen
- Highly organized
- Comfortable working under tight deadline pressure
- Experience with primary/secondary research methods, both offline and online
- Industry-standard assessment models
- Experience working as a competitive intelligence professional in SSaaS industry landscape is preferred.
- Preference given to those with experience in the CCaaS industry
ABOUT NICE inContact: NICE inContact makes it easy and affordable for organizations around the globe to provide exceptional customer experiences while meeting key business metrics. NICE inContact provides the world’s #1 cloud customer experience platform, NICE inContact CXone™, combining best-in-class Omnichannel Routing, Workforce Optimization, Analytics, Automation and Artificial Intelligence on an Open Cloud Foundation. NICE inContact is a part of NICE (Nasdaq: NICE), the worldwide leading provider of both cloud and on-premises enterprise software solutions.
NICE is committed to provide an environment based on equal opportunity for all qualified applicants and employees. It is the policy of NICE to afford equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals, regardless of age, race, color, creed, religion, citizenship, ancestry, national origin, sex, gender, pregnancy, mental or physical disability, marital status, veteran status, service in the Armed Forces, sexual or affectional orientation, atypical hereditary cellular or blood traits, genetic information, status as a victim of domestic or sexual violence, and/or any other status protected by any applicable federal, state and/or local statute or regulation.