Sr. Technical Product Manager
Sr. Technical Product Manager
Location: Salt Lake City, UT
Changing the world through digital experiences is what Nice CXOne is all about!
To keep up with the explosive demand, we need self-motivated, innovative go-getters in every department. At CXOne, we provide a fulfilling career that allows us to live our best life at work and at home. We provide the culture to work smart, have fun, and then get home to our families or friends.This position is part of the NICE CXone Service Management and Operations team reporting to the Director, Problem & Change Management. The Sr. Problem Manager is responsible for investigating outage incidents in the production environment, facilitating root cause analysis and corrective action implementation. This also includes financial impact analysis of incidents and driving process and change to help protect the availability of the platform.
The Sr. Technical Product Manager is responsible for overseeing the Product Management process for Operations. This position will be responsible for leadership of the Problem queue, ensuring that the underlying cause of incidents is addressed and driving operational stability. The Sr. Problem Manager is responsible for ensuring a consistent method of incident management is followed; this includes incident classification, escalation paths and communication protocols. The candidate will perform post-mortems for high priority incidents with a focus on process improvement as well as technical resolution. This position works cross-functionally with our Operations, Services, R&D, and Voice teams. This position is also responsible for coaching and mentoring more junior problem management team members.
- Manage Problem Management queue to address underlying cause for incidents and drive continued improvement in service availability.
- Keep appropriate stakeholders up-to-date with latest information through timely and regular written and verbal communications.
- Conduct technical research, analyze and evaluate existing systems (operating systems, architecture, database, hardware platforms, network) to drive investigation on any reported problem.
- Martial the appropriate resources and serve as liaison between Operations Team and the infrastructure, development and business groups to resolve critical problems in the environment.
- Drive continued improvement on problem management processes across geographically dispersed development and operations teams.
- Drive continued improvement in system availability through problem identification and resolution.
- Monitor KPIs that indicate effectiveness of the Incident / Problem Management process.
- Keep knowledge up-to-date with technical architecture developments across the platform
- Follow the company Code of Ethics and NICE CXone policies and procedures at all times.
- Communicate in an effective and professional way with customers in and outside of NICE CXone.
This organization reserves the right to revise or change job duties as the need arises. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
Required Education, Experience, and Specific Job Related Skills
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or Business Administration with the equivalent experience required.
- 7+ years of incident management experience, including:
- ITIL Foundations and/or Six Sigma certification
- Strong background in the root cause analysis toolkit – KT diagrams, Ishikawa diagrams, 5 Whys, etc.
- Strong documentation skills including written documentation and diagrams
- Strong customer communication skills with the ability to communicate technical issues to non-technical customers; able to improvise and persuasively communicate ideas/positions on an ad hoc basis.
- Proven skills at cultivating strong working relationships and driving collaboration across multiple business and technical teams.
- Ability to organize resources across different teams to drive resolution of system critical issues.
- Ability to apply technical analysis of application issues to solve customer reported problems.
- Ability to work well within a team to learn and share knowledge.
- Experience with different web platforms
- Experience working in a customer-centric environment.
- Strong analytical, organizational, and problem-solving skills.
- Broad and deep understanding of the complex roles that technology plays in business systems.
- Software as a Service experience
- Six Sigma Black Belt or Master Black Belt
- Experience leading change in large organizations
- Experience with telephony (PST & VOIP)
- Knowledge of databases including SQL
- Knowledge of telecommunications networks and OSI model
- Experience debugging code written by other developers in production environments
NICE is committed to provide an environment based on equal opportunity for all qualified applicants and employees. It is the policy of NICE to afford equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals, regardless of age, race, color, creed, religion, citizenship, ancestry, national origin, sex, gender, pregnancy, mental or physical disability, marital status, veteran status, service in the Armed Forces, sexual or affectional orientation, atypical hereditary cellular or blood traits, genetic information, status as a victim of domestic or sexual violence, and/or any other status protected by any applicable federal, state and/or local statute or regulation.