Senior Specialist Software Architect (Java)
- You will be responsible for the architecture of our product end to end. Reporting to the Director of Engineering and working closely with all the engineering functions and the scrum teams.
- You will drive an open and extendible architecture, ensuring relevant technology solutions are being adopted, good engineering practices are implemented and the overall system design and architecture is kept while we develop new features to the market. You will have a key role in fostering innovation and ensuring adoption of new technologies as needed.
- We are looking for someone who is passionate about delivering high quality enterprise product that is used by millions of users.
- You are expected to be very hands on and have an in-depth technical understanding of enterprise software architecture
Main Responsibilities and Deliverables:
- Overall responsibility for the product architecture, Establish well architected and designed solution.
- Working with several scrum teams and actively involved in the design of multiple features in parallel.
- Mentor and develop engineers in all levels, Involved in hiring great engineers.
- Establish and manage engineering processes, best practices, and continuous improvement, aligned with Agile-Scrum methodology.
- Participate in envisioning of next gen plans to achieve longer term strategic objectives of the organization.
- 12+ years of software development experience, at least 5 of them developing in enterprise software
- 5+ years of experience as an architect
- Expert-level, hands-on coding experience in Java or other mainstream language; Golang and Scala a plus
- Proficiency with development and deployment on the Linux operating system
- Experience in data modeling and database design with both SQL and NoSQL databases
- Experience designing multi-tiered service-oriented applications and microservices and supporting them in production
- Experience designing and developing multi-tenant SaaS-based solutions; experience building shared Platform-as-a-Service services a plus
- Experience working in and driving Continuous Integration and Delivery practices using industry standard tools such as Jenkins
- Experience working in a modified Agile methodology development environment and using work item management tools like JIRA
- Proven ability to educate and mentor junior engineers on principles of distributed systems and contemporary design patterns for building microservices
- Familiarity and/or experience with public cloud infrastructure and technologies such as Amazon Web Services (AWS), Google Cloud Engine, or Azure a plus
- Demonstrated ability to influence others, especially in sensitive or complex situations
- Actively engages other in work done, to expand and broaden professional domain knowledge and knowhow.
- Experience working with agile software development methodology
- Great initiative; proven ability to tackle projects with a can do attitude
- Proven experience in operating within a global environment
- Comfortable with working in a complex matrix environment
- Very strong verbal and written English skills
NICE is committed to provide an environment based on equal opportunity for all qualified applicants and employees. It is the policy of NICE to afford equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals, regardless of age, race, color, creed, religion, citizenship, ancestry, national origin, sex, gender, pregnancy, mental or physical disability, marital status, veteran status, service in the Armed Forces, sexual or affectional orientation, atypical hereditary cellular or blood traits, genetic information, status as a victim of domestic or sexual violence, and/or any other status protected by any applicable federal, state and/or local statute or regulation.