IT Systems Administrator
IT Systems Administrator
Location: Taguig City, Philippines
The IT Systems Administrator manages, deploys, and maintains all aspects of the Microsoft Windows Server environment, including Mail, DNS, FTP, IIS, Active Directory, SharePoint, O365, and other servers on-prem and cloud applications. They are also responsible for the management, deployment, and maintenance of all hardware and software these environments run on. Along with the corporate lab environments. One of the primary roles of the IT Systems Administrator is ensuring a high level of uptime on all corporate server systems and applications. To ensure this they will be responsible for keeping all hardware on the latest (or most appropriate) software and firmware versions as well as verifying monitoring solutions are accurately configured, to ensure maximum uptime. This individual will clearly outline the level of risk associated with deployment and work to mitigate that risk prior to a production release. They will be responsible for consolidation using different virtualization platforms and ensuring data is protected and recoverable. They will work with the IT Systems Engineering and Administration team in varying capacities to ensure an excellent working environment for NICE inContact employees.
As an IT Systems Administrator, a Typical Day Might Include the Following:
- Manage Windows Domain and Active Directory environment.
- Manage Exchange email servers, including anti-spam and gateway servers.
- Maintain Operating System software – installing, configuring, securing, upgrading, patching.
- Set up and maintain server systems and file security.
- Cable and rack servers and supporting equipment in co-location facilities (some travel may be required).
- Manage replication, imaging, and backups.
- Manage Corporate Labs – software, hardware, power, network.
- Monitor and optimize the performance of servers.
- Maintain documentation of servers and networking equipment.
- Work with vendors to troubleshoot problems and RMA parts as needed.
- Evaluate/recommend new products and services.
- Take part in on-call rotation for after-hours support.
- Manage backup software and equipment.
- Manage virtual environments. (VMWare and Microsoft)
- Manage SharePoint Environment.
- Manage Debian, Redhat, and Suse Linux installations.
- Follow the company Code of Ethics and inContact policies and procedures at all times.
- Communicate in an effective and professional way with customers in and outside of inContact.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive, and the employee will also perform other reasonable related business duties as assigned by the immediate supervisor and other management as required.
To Land This Gig You'll Need:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Information Systems, Computer Science or related field or equivalent work experience required. MCSA, MCSE or VCP certifications preferred
- 4+ years in Windows network administration
- 4+ years installing/configuring server hardware and OS
- Excellent knowledge of enterprise backup management (Veeam, Netbackup, etc.)
- Experience using imaging software
- Foundation in Layer-2 and Layer-3 switching
- Knowledge of Microsoft server platforms – Windows Server, SQL Server, SharePoint 2013, Exchange 2010, and Office 365
- Must have experience managing Windows server environment, including Active Directory, Exchange, DNS, DHCP, IIS, SMTP.
- Must have experience setting up enterprise server hardware.
- Good understanding of network switching and routing.
- NAS/SAN knowledge
- O365, Azure, and AWS knowledge
- SharePoint administration
- Setup/management of HPE servers
- Virtualization deployment and administration (VMWare or Microsoft)
- SAN deployment and administration
- Linux/Solaris administration
- Apache/Tomcat administration and configuration
- Power configuration
ABOUT NICE inContact: NICE inContact makes it easy and affordable for organizations around the globe to provide exceptional customer experiences while meeting key business metrics. NICE inContact provides the world’s #1 cloud customer experience platform, NICE inContact CXone™, combining best-in-class Omnichannel Routing, Workforce Optimization, Analytics, Automation, and Artificial Intelligence on an Open Cloud Foundation. NICE inContact is a part of NICE (Nasdaq: NICE), the worldwide leading provider of both cloud and on-premises enterprise software solutions.
NICE is committed to provide an environment based on equal opportunity for all qualified applicants and employees. It is the policy of NICE to afford equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals, regardless of age, race, color, creed, religion, citizenship, ancestry, national origin, sex, gender, pregnancy, mental or physical disability, marital status, veteran status, service in the Armed Forces, sexual or affectional orientation, atypical hereditary cellular or blood traits, genetic information, status as a victim of domestic or sexual violence, and/or any other status protected by any applicable federal, state and/or local statute or regulation.