Principal Software Engineer
Principal Software Engineer
Location: Cochabamba, Bolivia
The Principal Software Engineer designs, develops, tests and maintains the NICE CXone software platform. Key responsibilities include all tiers of the NICE CXone technology, including (but not limited to) design and development of NICE CXone products and features, unit testing, code reviews, resolving defects encountered during the QA cycle, supporting the production environment, and assisting other developers in a team environment utilizing agile development processes. The Principal Software Engineer will also mentor junior staff members and propose cross disciplinary architectural solutions to difficult problems. They may also be asked to make presentations to internal and external executives and represent NICE CXone at technical conferences. Travel to other corporate sites may also be required.As a Principal Software Engineer, a Typical Day Might Include the Following:
- Work as a member of an agile team to enhance and improve software written in one or more of the following languages: C#, Angular, Java
- Design and present projects to improve current process and overall platform.
- Expertly designs, specs, schedules and provides high quality implementation of multiple features.
- Critical to success of multiple product features.
- Manage time effectively working on multiple concurrent projects.
- Drive progress of team(s) and projects.
- Create automation to ensure quality.
- Deliver high quality, sustainable, maintainable code.
- Works with system analysts and product management for the successful completion of a project.
- Lead team(s) or mentor other developers as needed.
- Acts as a technical champion for customers.
- Functions as a Technical or Team Lead as needed.
- Communicate in an effective and professional way with customers in and outside of CXone.
- Be a strong leader within the organization
To land this gig you'll need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Business Information Systems or related field or equivalent work experience is required.
- 10+ years experience in software development
- Experience in the following software languages: Angular, C#, ASP.NET, Java
- Experience with the Microsoft Suite (.NET Framework, Visual Studio)
- Experience with SQLserver or any other DB
- Experience with developing services, clients and multi-threaded software.
- Working knowledge of unit testing
- Working knowledge of user stories or use cases
- Working knowledge of design patterns or equivalent experience.
- Working knowledge of object oriented software design.
- Working knowledge of microservices architecture patterns
- Working knowledge of making business and technical proposals
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Excellent decision-making skills
- Team Player
- Desire to work in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with AWS
- Experience with Jenkins or similar tools
- Experience with automation/testing tools
- Experience with/knowledge of agile development process
- Experience(s) as a technical or team lead or equivalent experience
ABOUT NICE CXone: NICE CXone makes it easy and affordable for organizations around the globe to provide exceptional customer experiences while meeting key business metrics. NICE CXone provides the world’s #1 cloud customer experience platform, combining best-in-class Omnichannel Routing, Workforce Optimization, Analytics, Automation and Artificial Intelligence on an Open Cloud Foundation. NICE CXone is a part of NICE (Nasdaq: NICE), the worldwide leading provider of both cloud and on-premises enterprise software solutions.
NICE is committed to provide an environment based on equal opportunity for all qualified applicants and employees. It is the policy of NICE to afford equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals, regardless of age, race, color, creed, religion, citizenship, ancestry, national origin, sex, gender, pregnancy, mental or physical disability, marital status, veteran status, service in the Armed Forces, sexual or affectional orientation, atypical hereditary cellular or blood traits, genetic information, status as a victim of domestic or sexual violence, and/or any other status protected by any applicable federal, state and/or local statute or regulation.