The Software Architect is responsible for providing technical leadership across development teams in one functional area. This position is ultimately responsible for the successful implementation of key deliverables to ensure that each release is designed with high availability, durability, serviceability and supportability in mind. They also act as a key evangelist for the organization.
As a Software Architect a Typical Day Might Include the Following:
- Work with product management team and architecture group to define new architectural requirements
- Ensure strong collaboration between other development teams, Product Management and Quality Assurance.
- Set the end-to-end technical direction for the team, including platform, technology, tools, and infrastructure
- Communicate architecture in an effective and professional manor.
- Drive technical decisions, solve tough problems, and coordinate multiple project execution.
- Providing technical mentorship.
- Ensure that the Development coding quality standards and review processes are followed to ensure proper security and high availability standards.
- Monitoring the quality of code that is delivered through reviews and other processes.
- Foster strong teamwork environment and create passion and energy within the team.
- Be an active participant in the development leadership team ensuring corporate success.
- Represents self and department with professionalism and competence.
- Follow the company Code of Ethics and policies and procedures at all times.
To Land This Gig You'll Need:
- BS in Computer Science, or equivalent work experience
- 13+ years of software development experience
- Experience with .Net Framework and .Net Core
- Experience architecting systems for performance and scalability
- Expertise in designing application using relational and/or non-relational databases
- Working Knowledge of CI/CD
- Experience developing RESTful web services
- Excellent problem-solving abilities.
- Excellent decision-making skills.
- Working Knowledge of design patterns.
- Working Knowledge of Agile development processes
- Strong communication skills
- Experience with AWS, Azure
- Experience with micro-service design
- Strong quality orientation
- Must possess strong organizational and time management skills
- MS in Computer Science
- 5+ years of technical leadership
- Experience as a technical or team lead or equivalent experience.
- Experience with telecommunications/telephony
- Experience with call centers
NICE is committed to provide an environment based on equal opportunity for all qualified applicants and employees. It is the policy of NICE to afford equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals, regardless of age, race, color, creed, religion, citizenship, ancestry, national origin, sex, gender, pregnancy, mental or physical disability, marital status, veteran status, service in the Armed Forces, sexual or affectional orientation, atypical hereditary cellular or blood traits, genetic information, status as a victim of domestic or sexual violence, and/or any other status protected by any applicable federal, state and/or local statute or regulation.