Public Relations Intern - Summer
We are looking for an enthusiastic, sharp and media savvy intern to join our team for the upcoming summer semester to support a variety of high-profile clients within the lifestyle, automotive and transportation industries. Previous PR internships or related experience isn’t necessary, but is preferable.
During the 12-week paid internship, you will have exposure to a team of PR professionals and the full gamut of public relations services such as media pitching, drafting press materials, planning and staffing events, building media lists, social media management and industry research and analysis. The successful candidate will be expected to work 16 hours per week.
- Draft press materials such as news releases, media alerts, etc.
- Build media lists and conduct client research
- Pitch various media outlets across broadcast, online and print outlets on behalf of exciting and well-known clients
- Organize event logistics and prepare media kits
- Staff JMPR, a division of imre, client events filled with media and industry VIPs – as needed
- Assist with idea generation and development of news stories, articles, presentations, talking points, videos, social media, etc.
- Aid in updating websites and social media sites – as needed
- College junior or senior (preferably pursuing degree in PR, journalism or communications)
- Resume and cover letter
- Related academic coursework
- Time commitment of 16 hours per week, so that students have the chance to get involved with in-depth account work week (must fall within our core business hours which are M-F 8:30-5:30)
- 12-week program
- Willingness to learn and enthusiasm about the PR industry
- Resourcefulness, creativity, excellent interpersonal and communication skills, detail-oriented and organized
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and the ability to troubleshoot to find solutions independently, within a fast-paced atmosphere
- Experience in writing for PR and/or news writing
- Proficient in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel and Power Point
- Knowledge and ability to use social media networks such as Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, etc. comfortably
- Courteous phone and email etiquette
Normal office environment, where there is no physical discomfort due to temperature, dust, noise, or smoke.
imre is an equal employment opportunity employer. Employment decisions are based on merit, qualifications, abilities and business needs. imre does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law. This policy governs all terms and conditions of employment, including selection, job assignment, compensation, discipline, termination and access to benefits and training.