Strategy Director (Pharma/Healthcare)
imre is a fast growing and exciting independent agency, partnering with some of the world’s top brands, and we’re looking to add a powerhouse Strategy Director to join our dynamic healthcare team.
In this role, you'll be responsible for owning consumer insights and driving digital-first brand strategy planning to set apart some of the biggest and most successful pharmaceutical brands in the world. Supporting our strategic methodology, you'll help understand customer journeys, what motivates consumer audiences and represent the voice of the consumer from strategy development through to creative and media activation, execution and measurement/evaluation of all work product.
A successful Strategy Director serves as a trusted counsel and collaborator to imre’s internal teams and clients, and possesses a profound understanding of audiences, industry and brands. This individual has a high level of professional knowledge and skill in leveraging insights to develop and apply strategy.
We are looking for people who are aggressively curious, in relentless pursuit of innovation, and are passionate about high quality of work. This position requires candidates to take a lot of initiative and apply an entrepreneurial spirit as our agency continues to grow at a fast clip.
Principle Responsibilities and Duties
- Ensuring agency approach and work product is strategy-led
- Driving strategic problem solving and innovation
- Growing internal and external demand to include a strategic seat at the table
- Directing and leading ongoing client strategy initiatives, while remaining focused on medium and long-term planning and growth opportunities
- Owning a point of view/vision for strategic direction and fostering confidence and enthusiasm for the strategic direction they set forth
- Directing the implementation of strategy, providing strong strategic leadership throughout the work process lifecycle, both internally and externally
- Providing operational team leadership, owning strategy & insight team resource and partner management
- Applying strategy to help support agency growth and revenue
- Setting a standard for understanding consumer behaviors
- Managing and facilitating the necessary resources to deliver sound insights and strategy
- Mentoring others to understand and enhance the application of strategy & insights
- Troubleshooting and problem solving in collaboration with senior cross functional team leaders around client and team challenges, seeking continued improvement
- Highly motivated, with strong strategic leadership skills
- A proven track record in establishing and managing effective strategic plans
- The ability to engage, inspire and make complex subjects understandable
- 8-12 years of industry/sector academic and practical experience with a wide array of new product, brand, advertising and research methodologies
- Exceptional written and oral communication and presentation abilities
- The drive to be successful and perform well in all aspects of strategic work in an entrepreneurial environment
- The flexibility to work over a number of projects and balance workload
imre is an equal employment opportunity employer. Employment decisions are based on merit, qualifications, abilities and business needs. imre does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law. This policy governs all terms and conditions of employment, including selection, job assignment, compensation, discipline, termination and access to benefits and training.