Account Director, Consumer
imre is one of the fastest growing and most exciting independent agencies, partnering with some of the world’s top brands, and we’re looking to add a critical leadership role to an existing roster of extraordinary talent.
Reporting to one of our Vice Presidents, the Account Director we’re looking for brings a wealth of agency or client-side experience, has an insatiable appetite for knowledge, will push themselves, our teams and clients, and embraces change.
A successful Account Director serves as trusted counsel to our clients, possesses a profound understanding of consumer behavior and the ability to make real connections through the appropriate channels, recognizes the importance of brand marketing, and has proven success at identifying opportunities and securing organic growth.
The ideal candidate for this position is above all else, passionate about their work, and is also an energetic team builder who is in fearless pursuit of transformation in the marketing landscape.
Principle Responsibilities and Duties
- Overall leadership for account teams in planning, recommending and implementing strategic plans and proactive communication initiatives for assigned clients
- Partnering in the development of novel and highly impactful brand strategies
- Planning and developing programs and services which are consistent with the client’s mission and brand strategy
- Mobilizing new and untested approaches for engaging audiences online and offline that allign with business goals and target consumer interests
- Plans, develops, and defends budget recommendations, work goals, measurements, and training requirements necessary to provide both quality and profitable service to clients
- Fiscal management of client budgets. Accountable for the development, management and evaluation of operating budget, and for achieving objectives while operating within budgeted expense targets
- Building, maintaining and growing strong client relationships
- Account growth for the agency’s largest, strategic accounts
- New business development
- Keeping agency leadership informed of the status of accounts, challenges, opportunities, staffing needs, plans and meetings
- Maintaining a high level of performance by the account teams and other agency personnel
- Development of key agency personnel, including direct supervisor responsibilities.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Exceptional oral and written communications skills, knowledge of marketing techniques and typical agency procedures in order to coordinate effective campaigns and programs
- Excellent interpersonal skills to effectively interact with a variety of internal and external audiences, to propose marketing and communications goals and objectives and to build relationships with clients and stakeholders within clients’ organizations
- Analytical thinking, problem solving and conceptual skills, with the proven ability to work with strategy teams and research, to recommend approaches and methods; to plan, coordinate, and evaluate communications activities; and to prepare reports and analyses
- Team leader who encourages collaboration and ideation among team members as well as an aggressive and fearless marketer, that is willing to get their hands dirty and do whatever it takes to deliver the highest quality work on behalf of their clients
- Marketing experience with large consumer brands is required
- Agency experience is preferred
- 9-12 years of experience
- Fluency in Microsoft Office, including PowerPoint presentation development and Excel, and Google Drive, are required
- Regular travel
- Bachelor’s Degree
Candidate can be based in NYC or Baltimore where he or she will enjoy a culture centered upon work-life balance, innovation and entrepreneurship. Our benefits include reduced work hours on Fridays for the entire year, quarterly mind and body bonuses for health and wellness, sabbatical leaves and bonuses for longevity, in addition to 401K matching.
Normal office environment, where there is no physical discomfort due to temperature, dust, noise, or smoke.
imre is an equal employment opportunity employer. Employment decisions are based on merit, qualifications, abilities and business needs. imre does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law. This policy governs all terms and conditions of employment, including selection, job assignment, compensation, discipline, termination and access to benefits and training.