Group Account Director, Consumer Brands
imre is one of the fastest growing, fiercely independent agencies in consumer marketing today. We currently work with many of the world's leading brands across equipment, textiles, automotive, wellness, CPG and sports. Our diverse client base includes 3M, Airstream, Dickies, John Deere, Major League Soccer, NFL, PepsiCo, STIHL, Toyota and Under Armour; among others. With a 30% growth rate in 2018 and now more than 160 employees across three offices (Baltimore, Los Angeles, and New York City), we are looking to add a critical account leadership role to our talented team of consumer experts.
Reporting to one of our vice presidents, the person we’re seeking brings a wealth of agency or client-side experience; a proven record of building brands; an insatiable curiosity for industry knowledge; and will push themselves, our teams and clients to their fullest potential. Specific experience with durable goods, heavy equipment, and power tools is a plus.
A successful account leader serves as a trusted counselor for our clients; possesses a profound understanding of consumer behaviors and touchpoints; recognizes the importance of brand marketing; and excels at identifying new and organic growth opportunities.
We're looking for someone who is, above all else, passionate about their work, and is also an energetic team builder who is in fearless pursuit of transformation in the marketing landscape, and excels at bringing others along through that journey.
Disciplined renegades and skilled futurecasters should apply.
Core Requirements and Responsibilities
- Overall leadership for account teams in planning, recommending and implementing strategic plans and proactive communication initiatives for assigned clients
- Partnering in the development of highly impactful brand strategies with our Strategy and Creators teams
- Planning and developing programs and services which are consistent with the client’s mission, purpose and brand strategy
- Mobilizing new and untested approaches for engaging audiences online and offline that align with business goals and target consumer interests
- Plans, develops, and defends budget recommendations, work goals, measurements, and training requirements necessary to provide both quality and profitable service to clients
- Fiscal management of client budgets. Accountable for the development, management and evaluation of operating budget, and for achieving objectives while operating within budgeted expense targets
- Building, maintaining and growing strong client relationships
- Account growth for the agency’s largest, strategic accounts
- New business development, adept at identifying opportunities based on the agency’s vision and focus, acting on these opportunities, and fulfilling by mobilizing the appropriate resources
- Keeping agency leaders and key personnel informed of the status of accounts, challenges, opportunities, staffing needs, plans and meetings
- Maintaining a high level of performance by the account teams and other agency personnel
- Implementation of new workflow processes and account team training
- Development of key agency personnel, including direct supervisor responsibilities
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Exceptional oral and written communications skills, knowledge of marketing techniques and typical agency procedures in order to coordinate effective campaigns and programs
- Excellent interpersonal skills to effectively interact with a variety of internal and external audiences, to propose marketing and communications goals and objectives and to build relationships with clients and stakeholders within clients’ organizations
- Analytical thinking, problem solving and conceptual skills, with the proven ability to work with strategy teams and research, to recommend approaches and methods; to plan, coordinate, and evaluate communications activities; and to prepare reports and analyses
- Team leader who encourages collaboration and ideation among team members, as well as an aggressive and fearless marketer that is willing to get their hands dirty and do whatever it takes to deliver the highest quality work on behalf of their clients
- Marketing experience with large consumer brands is required; Agency experience, either direct or as a client, is preferred
- 10-12 years of experience
- Regular travel comes with the job responsibilities
Role can be based in NYC, Baltimore, or Los Angeles where you will enjoy a culture centered upon work-life balance, innovation, and entrepreneurship.
- The best coworkers you'll ever meet
- Reduced Friday hours year round
- $200 quarterly Mind and Body bonus
- Sabbatical leaves starting at 3 years
- 401K with match
- Generous PTO program
- Beer Thursday & Happy Hours in the office
- Bagel Fridays & Wellness Wednesday
- Annual company retreat
imre is an equal employment opportunity employer. Employment decisions are based on merit, qualifications, abilities and business needs. imre does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law. This policy governs all terms and conditions of employment, including selection, job assignment, compensation, discipline, termination and access to benefits and training.