Marketing/PR Intern - Summer
We are seeking motivated college students with excellent written and oral communication skills for a paid summer internship. Ideal candidates will be in their junior or senior year, majoring in Communications/Public Relations, Marketing, Journalism, English, Psychology, Political Science or International Relations.
imre’s program will introduce students to the business of public relations and integrated marketing, and will offer them an opportunity to be involved in daily account management activities.
Interns will be assigned to account teams to support public relations, social media and project-based scopes of work.
Typical duties include:
- Creating and maintaining media lists and editorial calendars
- Drafting media advisories, pitch letters, news releases, fact sheets, and award recommendations or submissions
- Monitoring media coverage and preparing media clips
- Conducting market and media landscape research to inform client deliverables, social strategies and media outreach
Interns will gain experience in account management, media relations, event planning, market research and analysis, community relations, brand strategy and marketing communications. Interns will also learn how to use industry tools like Cision, Meltwater, TVEyes, BurellesLuce, Campaign Monitor and more.
- College junior or senior
- Resume and cover letter
- Related academic coursework
- Time commitment of 16 hours per week, so that students have the chance to get involved with in-depth account work week (must fall within our core business hours which are M-F 8:00-5:00)
- 12-week program
- Two writing samples (add these under the “Add Portfolio” option)
Normal office environment, where there is no physical discomfort due to temperature, dust, noise, or smoke.
imre is an equal employment opportunity employer. Employment decisions are based on merit, qualifications, abilities and business needs. imre does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law. This policy governs all terms and conditions of employment, including selection, job assignment, compensation, discipline, termination and access to benefits and training.