imre, one of Adweek’s Fastest Growing Global Agencies, is searching for a new SVP to serve as the head of our brand strategy department, co-architecting our strategy practice, our strategic suite of services and inspiring purpose-driven ideas that work.
This high-energy, ego-less and magnetic leader will be responsible for setting a vision for our strategy practice, harnessing our twin powers of optimism and empathy to transform consumers into brand believers. As the head of our strategy practice, this leader will demonstrate initiative, an entrepreneurial spirit and a unique blend of creative and systems level thinking that will help to effectively scale and elevate us to the next level.
PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Lead a vision for planning brand strategy across consumer and healthcare work.
- Lead a team of dedicated strategists, recruit and mentor strategists, manage the development and growth of the team.
- Innovate strategic frameworks that help to illuminate, differentiate and deepen our positioning around brand belief and empathy.
- Collaborate across our team of Innovators (activation, creative, insights, intel and strategy) to develop elegant, integrated solutions for our most complex and highly visible work.
- Partner with experts in pharma strategy and support them in championing and accessing resources to help us earn a seat at our clients’ strategic table.
- Reporting in to the EVP of Innovators, develop and implement a suite of strategic services that drive revenue for imre directly and indirectly.
- Partner with leaders in insights and intelligence to tailor solutions that help to inspire, inform and scale strategic services.
- Lead and influence a strategy-led culture at imre.
- Partner with Operations and Client Experience to create and scale criteria for estimating and implementing strategy across the enterprise.
- Engage in thought leadership that helps to evangelize imre’s differentiated positioning.
- Partner with Business Development to improve processes and implementation of brand strategy that helps us to be more competitive and win pitches.
- Champion investment and growth in strategy across our executive team.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Business Administration, or related field
- 15+ years of industry/sector academic and practical experience with a wide array of new product, brand, advertising and research methodologies
- A proven track record in building/growing strategy practices at agencies
- Brand launch/relaunch experience
- Expertise in workshop design, development, and facilitation
- Experience leading and implementing strategies in omnichannel landscapes
- Expertise in creative evaluation including the ability to inspire creatives to pull brand strategy through conceptual and tactical campaigns
- Significant experience in behavioral psychology and economic principles and how they apply to brand strategy
- Relentlessly curious and persistent
- Agile, easily adaptable in highly dynamic settings
- Empathic and vulnerable
- Exacting - modeling a gold standard and staying accountable to it
- Patient and healthcare provider marketing experience in pharma is a plus.
- Exceptional written and oral communication and presentation abilities
- The drive to be successful and perform well in all aspects of strategic work in an entrepreneurial environment
- The best coworkers you'll ever meet
- Reduced Friday hours year round
- $200 quarterly Mind and Body bonus
- Sabbatical leaves starting at 3 years
- 401K with match
- Generous PTO program
- Beer Thursday & Happy Hours in the office
- Bagel Fridays & Wellness Wednesday
- Annual company retreat
imre is an equal employment opportunity employer. Employment decisions are based on merit, qualifications, abilities and business needs. imre does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law. This policy governs all terms and conditions of employment, including selection, job assignment, compensation, discipline, termination and access to benefits and training.