Group Account Director (Pharmaceutical Advertising)
imre Health is one of the fastest growing and most exciting agencies working in healthcare marketing today, and we’re looking to add a pivotal leadership role on our team.
Reporting to one of our VP’s, the group account director we’re looking for will serve as the day-to-day senior counselor for a cutting-edge launch drug in the respiratory therapeutic category. This new drug is expected to quickly grow to be one of the agencies top three accounts in terms of size of team and fee income, and requires someone with a wealth of agency or client-side experience, mastery of the digital and social landscape in pharma, and a passion for improving the way that pharma brands interact with patients and healthcare providers.
As a Group Account Director at imre, you...
- Are the voice of the brand internally and a trusted counsel to our clients
- Have a profound understanding of the pharma industry and has proven success at identifying opportunities and securing organic growth.
- Are passionate about working in healthcare, and are an energetic team builder poised to propel your teams towards success
Group Account Directors are responsible for:
- Building, maintaining and growing strong client relationships.
- Overall leadership for account teams in planning, recommending and implementing proactive communication initiatives for assigned clients.
- Partnering in the development of novel and highly impactful brand strategies.
- Planning and developing programs and services which are consistent with the client’s mission and brand strategy.
- Operationalizing new and untested approaches for engaging audiences online and offline.
- Plans, develops, and defends budget recommendations, work goals, measurements, and training requirements necessary to provide both quality and profitable service to clients.
- Fiscal management of client budgets. Accountable for the development, management and evaluation of operating budget, and for achieving objectives while operating within budgeted expense targets.
- New business development and account growth.
- Keeping agency leadership informed of the status of accounts, challenges, opportunities, staffing needs, plans and meetings.
- Maintaining a high level of performance by the account teams and other agency personnel.
What we’re looking for:
- Workable understanding of MLR process and FDA regulations for advertising and digital promotions
- Prior experience working with respiratory brands is preferred, but not required
- Agency experience is preferred; pharmaceutical marketing experience is required
- Exceptional oral and written communications skills, knowledge of marketing techniques and typical agency procedures in order to coordinate effective campaigns and programs
- Excellent interpersonal skills to effectively interact with a variety of internal and external audiences, to propose marketing and communications goals and objectives and to build relationships with clients and stakeholders within clients’ organizations.
- Analytical thinking, problem solving and conceptual skills to recommend approaches and methods; to plan, coordinate, and evaluate communications activities; and to prepare reports and analyses.
- Team leader who encourages collaboration and ideation among team members as well as an aggressive and fearless marketer, that is willing to get their hands dirty and do whatever it takes to deliver the highest quality work on behalf of their clients
- Fluency in Microsoft Office, including PowerPoint presentation development and Excel, are required
- Around 9-12 years of career experience
Role can be based in NYC or Baltimore where he or she will enjoy a culture centered upon work-life balance, innovation, and entrepreneurship.
- The best coworkers you'll ever meet
- Reduced Friday hours year round
- $200 quarterly Mind and Body bonus
- Sabbatical leaves starting at 3 years
- 401K with match
- Generous PTO program
- Beer Thursday & Happy Hours in the office
- Bagel Fridays & Wellness Wednesday
- Annual company retreat
imre is an equal employment opportunity employer. Employment decisions are based on merit, qualifications, abilities and business needs. imre does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law. This policy governs all terms and conditions of employment, including selection, job assignment, compensation, discipline, termination and access to benefits and training.