Marketing/PR Intern - Fall
We are seeking motivated college students with excellent written and oral communication skills for paid internships in the spring. Ideal candidates will be in their junior or senior year, majoring in Communications/Public Relations, Journalism, English, Psychology and Marketing/Integrated Marketing.
imre’s program will introduce students to the business of public relations, account management and marketing communications, and will offer them an opportunity to be involved in daily account activities within an integrated marketing agency. Interns will have an opportunity to work across a variety of clients and national brands.
Interns will be assigned to account teams that may support Public Relations, Social Media or Project-based scopes of work. Interns will gain experience in media relations, social media, event planning, market research and analysis, community relations, brand strategy and marketing communications.
PRINCIPLE RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Public Relations activities that interns will support include creating media lists, drafting press releases, pitching media, preparing media clips, contributing to various reports and assisting with creative projects, such as media mailers and collateral pieces.
- Social Media and/or Project-based activities that interns will support include assisting with social media research and insights/trends reports, editing or review of content, interfacing with imre’s in-house Creative team to facilitate project management and conducting competitive research.
- Additional responsibilities include:
- Assisting with monitoring for and tracking PR placements and social media mentions across various accounts as needed
- Conducting research to support efforts across accounts. Research may include researching outlets and media for PR pitches, researching trends and insights to support social accounts, looking into client competitors or backgrounds
- Proofreading and editing to support account team with client deliverables
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Ideal candidates should:
- Be eager to learn and proactive in seeking out work/new opportunities
- Value teamwork and collaboration to meet client needs
- Motivate themselves and others to stick to timelines
- Have good attention to detail and organizational skills
- Have strong written and oral communication skills
- College junior or senior
- Resume and cover letter
- Related academic coursework
- Time commitment of 16 hours per week, so that students have the chance to get involved with in-depth account work week (must fall within our core business hours which are M-F 8:00-5:00)
- 12-week program
- Two writing samples (add these under the “Add Portfolio” option)
Normal office environment, where there is no physical discomfort due to temperature, dust, noise, or smoke.
imre is an equal employment opportunity employer. Employment decisions are based on merit, qualifications, abilities and business needs. imre does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law. This policy governs all terms and conditions of employment, including selection, job assignment, compensation, discipline, termination and access to benefits and training