Under the general supervision of the Controller, performs professional accounting work including financial statement preparation, processing accounts payable, accounts receivable, American Express coding and special projects as needed.
Principle Responsibilities and Duties
- Assist in financial statement preparation and reporting. Completes monthly bank reconciliation and assists with journal entries and GL reconciliations.
- Assist with billing reports, billing, scheduling and client setup. Records deposits.
- Assists with all accounts payable for the organization. Data entry, vendor set up, compiles W9’s, prepares 1099’s, and assists in yearly AP audit. Monitor purchase order process. Confirms that proper back up documentation has been submitted and filed with vendor invoice.
- Assists with the annual budget for the agency.
- Assists in monitoring corporate American Express cards for the organization. Helps code and track receipts for monthly American Express statements. Responsible for job costing, monitoring SUT and per diems.
- Ensures employee time entry is entered weekly and prepares weekly and monthly availability reports.
- Assists with annual tax file preparation.
- Document processes and look for process improvements.
- Assist with fixed asset listing.
- Obtain working knowledge of Advantage software.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting with 1-3 years of experience in the field or a candidate who has taken through intermediate accounting or is in the process of getting a bachelor’s degree in accounting.
- Exceptional Excel spreadsheet skills.
- Excellent attention to detail and communication skills.
- Must be organized and able to multi-task.
- Team player with a positive attitude and confidence.
Reports to Assistant Controller
Normal office environment, where there is no physical discomfort due to temperature, dust, noise, or smoke.
imre is an equal employment opportunity employer. Employment decisions are based on merit, qualifications, abilities and business needs. imre does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law. This policy governs all terms and conditions of employment, including selection, job assignment, compensation, discipline, termination and access to benefits and training.